Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Cabrio bearing replacement  (Read 535 times)

Offline hocky88

• VIP Member
Cabrio bearing replacement
« on: February 07, 2019, 02:38:55 PM »

Hey All - I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SW1.  I actually have 3, as these are easy to locate as they all break with minimal wear!  My two others both have the F51 error.  I have replaced the bearings before with a kit.  This time around I ordered just the bearings off eBay for about $15.  The bearings are 6005-2RS and a 6006-2RS.  What I don't have is a new shaft or lip seal so I intend on using the old ones.  I would buy the seal if I could find one, but I think it can only be purchased in the kit?  The shaft - I don't have concerns using the old one.  One of my issues is that I don't know what type of glue or sealant was used the last time as it was 2014.  Any suggestions on what I may need or use in place of the glues and sealants that comes with the kit?  Appreciate your time!  As often as this problem occurs, it will be nice to have a post which allows others to fix this issue for less than $50.

Offline Draymc48

• Technician
Re: Cabrio bearing replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 06:20:01 AM »
I did an image search for the shaft and bearing kit. Comes with adhesive part#279368. Appears to be same adhesive used on dryer drum felt.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 09:39:00 AM »
The adhesive is also known as Goodyear Pliobond.  The grease used to fill the seal inner grooves is AMBLYGON TA 30/1.  I would NOT advise re-using the tub seal as that is what caused bearing failure in the first place!  The seal could likely be found at a bearing dealer.  I always use the Whirlpool kit for repairing customer's washers,  but if you are rehabbing used washers for resale I understand the parts cost problem.

Offline hocky88

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »
John - Thanks for that info on the grease and adhesive.  I did find that there are many different kits available on ebay as compared to the last time I was researching this in 2014.  I can now buy a kit with bearings, seal and the lubricants for about $30.  Appreciate the recommendation about the lip seal.  I did this repair in 2013 as well, but I did not really get the concept of the sealants and it only lasted about a year, so I did a better job in 2014!  I ordered bearings yesterday, so today I found individual lip seals for $9 and ordered 2 of them.  If all goes well, I'll get another 10 years out of this washer taking me right to retirement!

Offline noyesappliancerepair

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:07:46 AM »
w10435302 bearing kit is the easiest way;