Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Dishwasher PF Code LDF6920ST  (Read 325 times)

Offline ejbrandt

• VIP Member
LG Dishwasher PF Code LDF6920ST
« on: February 12, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »

So I started the DW cycle and walked away. A few minutes later I noticed the DW had shut off. So I checked the circuit breaker and it was not tripped but the GFI was tripped.  When I reset the GFI the DW motor was running and it continued to run even with the door open but it wasn't running in a cycle.  So I tapped the side thinking the float was stuck and it finally went off.

I then set the cycle to start the wash and although it ran thru the cycle fine it really seemed to labor.  The dishes were clean but I am a little leary.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Not sure why it tripped the GFI, never done this??

Not sure why it kept running but not running a cycle??

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
Re: LG Dishwasher PF Code LDF6920ST
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
You might have water leaking that activated the emergency drain pump mode.  Also water will trip a GFCI faster than anything.  Also, appliances that use water are not recommended to be placed on outlets that use a GFCI.