Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool service manual  (Read 371 times)

Offline Jnorling3

• VIP Member
Whirlpool service manual
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »

I am looking for a service manual for the top load Whirlpool WTW5000DW0.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool service manual
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:43:46 PM »
This should be your service manual in this old thread! Here!
            You have to go into the diagnostic mode and look for errors like in the video. Here is a Service manual too.]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i5KqMA2RZwQTktZ3gtRjM3LTA/view?usp=sharing  Also washer is know for broken wire down by actuator,capacitor red wire coil if you have it down there so look around down there for broken wires. Use the diagnostic mode good luck.Also see if you can recalibrate washer in diagnostic mode.

Offline Jnorling3

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool service manual
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »
I downloaded the service manual and started trying to diagnose my problem. The issue started when the washer filled part way and stopped. Now the washer will not drain, wash or respond to any buttons. If I hold the start button in long enough the sensing light will come on solid, if pushed again it will flash. I have changed out the lid lock harness which didn't solve the problem.  I unplugged the machine and plugged it back in. I tried to activate the service diagnostic mode and it will not. I tried several times with the same result. I checked power and continuity which checked out okay. I went to troubleshooting test #1. Step #7 showed no voltage. Step #9d didn't change things, still no voltage. #10 calls to remove the J9 connector from the main control, there is no connector on my control board as shown. I am not sure where to go now, things seem to point in the direction of a new control board but I am not ready until I can check things further. Any thoughts?