Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool washer WFC7500vw1,jntermittent spinning  (Read 312 times)

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Whirlpool washer WFC7500vw1,jntermittent spinning
« on: January 24, 2019, 09:55:58 PM »

My customer has this apartment washer,spins very well on diagnostic ,but half of the time does not spin fast enough on actual wash.The fault code is F25.The resistance of the speed sensor is about 71 ohms.All the  connections are tight.The commutator of the motor is good shape.Would bit be a main control board problem?This is quite a headache for me.Please give me some hints!

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool washer WFC7500vw1,jntermittent spinning
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 06:10:04 PM »
Here's a service tech sheet

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 10:50:33 PM »
Had one where customer was using too much soap for a very long time. This caused oversudsing and failure to spin. Run a load of clean towels with no soap and look for sudsing.

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:08:16 AM »
I am going back to try a new door lock.This is easier to do and least costly.Other boards cost more money.As far as too much soap,I will mention it to the customer..

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 05:10:50 AM »
I've seen connections breaking circuit on a motor control unit where they appeared to be good they were breaking circuit because of faulty connection at the MCU board quick disconnect. That component does regulate motor speed. There are You Tube videos that will show you how to test duet MCU boards. The last one I worked on that had that problem was a two wire quick disconnect I simply cut the wires installed new female terminal connectors and reinstalled. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:15:21 AM by haroldsappliance »