Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch Dishwasher she43r55uc/64 Not Cleaning Well Not Heating Water  (Read 445 times)

Offline FrustratedBoschUser

• VIP Member

Hi, Looking for advice on testing my Bosch she43r55uc/64 Dishwasher to determine what isn't working.  My problem is that the unit has stopped cleaning well within the last 3 months and it is getting a lot of gunk build-up on the interior of the unit and has a lingering smell that won't go away completely with frequent cleaning.  I had a Bosch technician come out but he didn't do any troubleshooting and just said he'd never seen one with so much build up.  It wasn't cleaning we at all until I read that sometimes it helps to run the hot water in your sink before running a load.  That definitely helps the unit clean better and solved a problem where the unit would literally run for 7+ hours.  Now it mostly cleans the dishes, but any plastic wear always has scum on it, and the interior gets gunked up again within 2 weeks, bringing back the bad smell.  I see that there are a few common parts that can be replaced, including the heating element.  Any suggestions on troubleshooting this before I buy a part?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline manden

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch Dishwasher she43r55uc/64 Not Cleaning Well Not Heating Water
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 04:26:41 AM »
Below is a link to a post by dab147315 which includes a service manual for this unit.
https://www.appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=19836.msg104719#msg104719

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:05:41 AM »
Thanks for the link to the post.  Looks like it has just what I was looking for. 

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:47:07 PM »
For odors I always recommend using liquid Palmolive dishwasher detergent as it is one of few that still uses bleach. Pods are convenient but use enzymes so you can get odors.

For no heat, use service manual to test for voltage to heating element a few minutes into cycle. Board is often the culprit.

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »
Baldwinappliance, you state, "For no heat, use service manual to test for voltage to heating element a few minutes into cycle. Board is often the culprit." I can't get to the heating element without uninstalling the dishwasher and removing the bottom, at least according to the service manual.  Is there another way to test? 

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 05:26:08 PM »
I am by no means a Bosch expert so perhaps someone can chime in. But I have seen many that have the long cycle and no heat problem you described. On those units the control board was in front. Wiring diagram should tell you where the wires plug into the board for the heating circuit. Test for voltage at those wires a few minutes into the cycle. It should start heating or trying to heat within 10 min.

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »
Hi, Thanks for the input.  I took it out this afternoon and looked it over.  So much gunk built up inside the hoses and even an area that seemed to be leaking so I decided to cut my losses and buy a new one.  New one is cheaper than the repair guy estimated the repair to be.