Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG dishwasher LDF7920,noise filter Broken.  (Read 349 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
LG dishwasher LDF7920,noise filter Broken.
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »

My customer has this L G dishwasher, it's noise filter is broken.Could I bypass this filter if I don't mind the noise?Also,what broke this filter?I tried to start the Dw after I bypassed this filter,it would not start.I am stuck now.I don't have much experience with LG dishwasher,especially this major problem,should I tell the customer to buy a new Dw?Please help!

Offline MacroMike

• VIP Member
Re: LG dishwasher LDF7920,noise filter Broken.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 03:23:20 PM »
After you replace the filter board make theses checks... Although Iím not sure if they apply to your model. Sorry this is all I got.....

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 09:44:26 PM »
Thank you very much,Macromike.You have a lot of patience to reply to this question.I will certainly go back to check for 5V and 120 V power.It's too bad LG does not have those parts.They have no noise filter;and the other boards need a few weeks to get.

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 12:58:09 AM »
Since that noise filter is not available,I just bypassed it,and surprisingly,the Dw was working well.I found one corner of the noise filter was melted.I still don't know what caused the filter to melt.