Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Refrigerator Ice make  (Read 356 times)

Offline Shuggs

• VIP Member
Refrigerator Ice make
« on: January 23, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »

I have a Whirlpool Gold Model #GSF26C5EXYOO Ice maker not getting water I have done a manual test the water comes out of the tube at the bottom of the refrigerator but seems to be block form the bottom up to the top I look in the fill tube not frozen I can see what looks like a little white plug in it . Was wondering if the optics are bad is this little white plug stopping the water??

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Refrigerator Ice make
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »
That little white plug is probably ice AKA an ice bullet most likely due to a seeping water valve or possibly low water pressure. You could remove that ice maybe with a hair dryer and then test if that solves the problem may want to replace a water inlet valve just to be on the safe side.https://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-valve-assy-water-wpw10238100-ap6017532.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:58:12 PM by haroldsappliance »

Offline Shuggs

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:03:17 AM »
 :thanks:Is there a way to bypass the optics to see if that is my Problem ?? the little white thing is not a piece of Ice

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 12:34:40 PM »
I would not recommend trying to bypass the Optics. More likely than not you probably have a bad ice maker. Go on YouTube and Google Whirlpool Optics test. You should find a video that will show you how to test the Optics.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:38:17 PM by haroldsappliance »