Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: WFW95HEXW0 F6E1 Door lock engages, Drain pump never runs. No fill.  (Read 276 times)

Offline RAChase

• VIP Member

Washer never goes past C00 in self diagnostics. In test mode door lock engages, drain pump never runs. Drain pump ohms at 16 ohms. DP2 on the CCU never gets the voltage to run the pump, there are millivolts present when the pump should be on. I know normally the F6E1 is a bad motor control (WPW10374126). Has anyone ever had the CCU (W10406633) cause this? My distributor does not stock the CCU, it will take two weeks to get one.  Thank you.

Offline RAChase

• VIP Member
Re: WFW95HEXW0 F6E1 Door lock engages, Drain pump never runs. No fill.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »
 :) I guess I will answer my own question to help any tech who may encounter this in the future.

When I arrived the door was locked and washer would power on, never drain or fill, tub never jogged. Entered diagnostics, had F6E2 and F6E1 fault codes. Cleared codes tried to run thru diagnostics. Unit would go to C00, door lock would engage, pump never ran. Would never move past C00. Pulled pump harness and ohmed, 16 ohms. Ran with pump unplugged still no power to pump. Was planning to replace CCU due to the fact I was in diagnostic mode and pump was never getting power. I was told prior to replacing CCU pull the MCU, remove the board from its housing and look for burnt components. Sure enough that was the issue. So my new rule of thumb when working on a front load Whirlpool with F6E1 or F6E2 do not bother entering diagnostics or measuring voltages like a technician, pull the back off, pull MCU out of its housing and look for the burn spots.