Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Dutch Door Fridge Not Making Ice After Replacing Water Inlet Valve  (Read 1172 times)

Offline sthompson86

• VIP Member

This is the tech sheet if needed!

Awesome thanks!

Offline sthompson86

• VIP Member
Anything special about taking the toe kick off? I get a little nervous when pulling on bendy plastic pieces.

Thanks.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
Anything special about taking the toe kick off? I get a little nervous when pulling on bendy plastic pieces.

Thanks.
. There's no need to take the toe kick off Dab sent you a text sheet

Offline sthompson86

• VIP Member
Ok, so I have ran test 25 on from diagnostic tech sheet. As it says, I jumped T and H.

I need some help decoding the message...

0.0 keeps flashing off and on - "Replace filter" in red stays lit. SW1 through SW5 are also lit.   I also pressed the water pad as the test states to do, and all that did was make water come out the door dispenser.

Is there another test I should do, I only did 25 because it mentioned the icemaker.

Thank you.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
Ok, so I have ran test 25 on from diagnostic tech sheet. As it says, I jumped T and H.

I need some help decoding the message...

0.0 keeps flashing off and on - "Replace filter" in red stays lit. SW1 through SW5 are also lit.   I also pressed the water pad as the test states to do, and all that did was make water come out the door dispenser.

Is there another test I should do, I only did 25 because it mentioned the icemaker.

Thank you.                       Okay this refrigerator does not have the ice maker error test obviously. I can tell you from past experience as I work on a lot of these that the most common problem with ice maker failure on this refrigerator is a burn inside the actual module head of the ice maker. Pull the plastic cover off the ice maker and smell for a burn. If you smell of significant burn like plastic then you probably have a bad ice maker. That burn is associated with the heat release heater and that would cause an open circuit inside and it's not going to allow it to go through a cycle and obviously not fill up. I normally take the heads off of these too visually confirm that that is the problem. But if you're not familiar with this you could cause more problems than you have already. Now concerning test 25 I do know that on some of these ice makers the T connection on the head is covered with a connector. I don't know what to tell you there. 00 represents an off position. Ice maker part number is w10377151 which also comes with a complete wiring harness which may also give you some problems if you're unfamiliar with. You may find some information on installing this on YouTube.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:08:36 AM by haroldsappliance »

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
If you have 120 v at L to N and not harvesting then you have a bad ice maker. The replacement kit is a bear to install but comes with full instructions. Go slow and read the directions a couple of times through. Take pictures as you go....or call a professional.