Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Does anyone know of any field service mobile app low cost for appliance Repair?  (Read 973 times)

Offline Tony Hobbs

• VIP Member

I've tried InvoiceASAP and the others seem way to expensive for me. I have limited budget. I saw one at www.serviceprog.com  that seems to do everything very reasonable. Has anyone used it? Or know anything about it?

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Do you have any employees? I use almost all free products, but it's just me. I use Google Keep to keep track of all the minutia. I use several labels, the ones I use the most are Call List, Message Left, Scheduled and Parts Ordered. I also have a Limbo label where notes usually go to die. I also have To-do label but rarely use it, those notes usually end up on my call list. You could have an Invoice label but I use my calendar to remind me to invoice.  I use Google Calendar for scheduling. Even though Keep and Calendar are both Google products, they don't integrate well. I use a free app called Business Calendar as a go-between. When I'm ready to schedule, I'll send the note to Business Calendar which updates my Google calendar almost instantly. I use desktop Quickbooks to keep track of invoicing, it is not free. There is a free option called Waveapps which I haven't used. It is completely free, the only cost is from an optional added payroll service and the 2.9% + .30 transaction fee if you use them to accept credit card payments. The only reason I haven't used them is my wife uses Quickbooks at her work and I would lose her help with bookkeeping and taxes if I switched.

Offline Tony Hobbs

• VIP Member
Wow! That is confusing.  :embarassed: Intuit has a program but I don't want to pay $100 plus a month to track customers, schedule, map and billing Invoiceasap is ok for billing but doesn't have model number serial number and parts lookup by model number. I am not the best at organization, I need something to keep me in line just one dropped bill can be expensive. I am going to checkout Serviceprog for awhile and see how it works.
Thank you
Tony Hobbs

Offline tgoods

• Technician
It's probably the way I explained it, it actually works really well for me. Keep is like Evernote or Microsoft Onenote with less features.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
I tried mpengo Service call and liked it but my customers preferred a paper receipt and it was too much trouble to carry a portable printer(and remember to charge it) so I went back to paper. Did my inventory,tax rate and even labor rates and more like notes and such.It was Free. Ran it on my ipad.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
I tried Mpengo too, but I didn't like it. It was fine for after a call was scheduled but that's not where I needed the help. I needed to keep track of my communications; voicemails, emails and texts. I still give hand written paper receipts but that makes more work for me back at the office. I working out of a Sprinter now, I going to set up a laptop and printer powered with an inverter.

Offline rkious1

• Technician
    • K-ICE Heating and Cooling and Appliance Repair
Tony ,

What software did you end up using and do you like it ?

Thanks,

Ross Kious
K-ICE Appliance Repair
Ross Kious
870-351-2847

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
I know this is an old thread, but I've been very happy with InvoiceNinja.

It's actually free if the free version is enough for you, but it's still really cheap even if you go with the "more expensive" versions.

Offline Radioman

• VIP Member
I think mpengo Service call is nice.

Offline wpearson04

• VIP Member
I use MobileBiz Pro

Offline jason1979g

• Technician
i got mpengo and i love it. only time i have problems with the email receipt is with older customers.
and for $20 bucks you cant go wrong.
i do have have non-numbered paper receipts for cash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4dFhzugS0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:56:10 PM by jason1979g »

Offline rkious1

• Technician
    • K-ICE Heating and Cooling and Appliance Repair
Just got MPENGO and am very happy with it. Would pay more to get a few more features but not going to fuss about a $20.00 software. You can add the scheduling part for not much more.

Ross Kious
K-ICE Appliance Repair
Ross Kious
870-351-2847