Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Front Washer, Wont power on.  (Read 196 times)

Offline Shalom

• VIP Member
LG Front Washer, Wont power on.
« on: November 15, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »

Hi, My LG Front Washer Model WM2301HW wont power on, I trying everything like pushing 5 sec power bottom and star bottom and nothing,yesterday with power cord plog in push the power bottom some seconds and one diode on PCB that have covered with something like foam paper, begin to throw smoke. What can be PCB, the Noise filter or control panel.?   the led light on PCB wont turn on. 

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: LG Front Washer, Wont power on.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »
See if old thread is of any use to you.Service manual in attachment below.
              https://www.appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=13242.msg69716#msg69716

Offline rarmstrong

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »
Hi, My LG Front Washer Model WM2301HW wont power on, I trying everything like pushing 5 sec power bottom and star bottom and nothing,yesterday with power cord plog in push the power bottom some seconds and one diode on PCB that have covered with something like foam paper, begin to throw smoke. What can be PCB, the Noise filter or control panel.?   the led light on PCB wont turn on.

Hi there, I'm experiencing a similar issue as you but my LED light on the PCB remains on even though the washer does not power on when you click the power button.  Based on all the research I've done for my issue, it appears that your issue resides with the noise filter which is an easier and less costly fix.  From what I've seen on here, if the PCB light doesn't remain on, there is an issue with the noise filter.

If you've already fixed your issue, please share with the community.

Offline Shalom

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
today I installed the new circuit card, thanks to God that seems to be the problem because the machine started to work very well againnn