Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Dryer vent cleaning recommendations  (Read 289 times)

Offline Dolmedo

• VIP Member
Dryer vent cleaning recommendations
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:29:09 PM »

Hello fellow techs,

Iím looking for recommendations for vent cleaning. Considering offering Dryer vent cleaning to my customers. Whatís the best reasonably priced system out there? Also It would would have to fit in my already cramped service vehicle.

Thank you in advanced

David O.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Re: Dryer vent cleaning recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 05:52:40 PM »
A friend of mine does this full time. He has several techs.  I believe this is the system he uses.  The cheap kit you get at lowes doesn't come close to this one.  These rods clip together.  The ones that screw together can come apart if you accidentally reverse the drill.

https://www.abatement.com/dryer-vent-cleaning-system.html

I used to do cleaning, luckily I am busy enough now that we don't.  A lot of the houses here have this goofy newer style cap that gets clogged with lint so you either have to go on the roof or through the attic to clean it.

Not to mention that lots of people have the booster fans in the attic that need to be cleaned and serviced.

Its a good business for him.

It is not cheap.  I think it runs about $400 or so for the kit, but he says its worth it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:54:10 PM by schleven »
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"