Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Disable Automatic Moisture Control on whirlpool refrigerator  (Read 384 times)

Offline imzjustplayin

• VIP Member
Disable Automatic Moisture Control on whirlpool refrigerator
« on: October 11, 2018, 05:58:00 PM »

I own a Kitchenaid KSRS25fgbt00 & Whirlpool GD25dixhh02 refrigerator and one feature that is completely useless in my northern california climate are the exterior moisture control feature. I'd like to disable it since it's a waste of electricity.

I used this page here: http://www.msaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/05/GE-Testing-artica-38.59-new.27.37-Jerry-6..2010.pdf

To get an idea about the automatic defrost circuitry used in these units but that information isn't sufficient.

What I need to know with certainty is 1. Is the automatic moisture control feature directly tied into the automatic defrost circuit. 2. Is the circuit parallel or in series with the defrost circuit. I was hoping to bypass the resistive elements used in the wall of the refrigerator and or somehow disable this feature so that the refrigerator no longer has this exterior moisture control feature.

I do not have full access to the servicematters website. Going off of the parts diagram would not show the resistive elements in the cabinet of the refrigerator since that's not a replaceable part.

Offline imzjustplayin

• VIP Member
Re: Disable Automatic Moisture Control on whirlpool refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »
can anybody provide an electrical wiring diagram and or service manual for one of these model refrigerators?

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:15:19 PM »
I doubt there's a mullion heater in either of your fridges. There's usually a condenser loop running just behind the mullion. You could unplug the condenser fan motor for a few minutes. If the mullion starts getting hot, you know there's a condenser loop in there.

Offline imzjustplayin

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
You were correct. If the compressor is off, the mullion does not heat up, if the condenser fan is on, the mullion heats up quite a bit, and if the condenser fan is turned on, the mullion loses temperature. The condenser fan being on and off has an effect on the mullion temperature.

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »
no electric heaters in cabinet has a yoder loop