Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Cooling fan on wall oven  (Read 669 times)

Offline Matzie66

• VIP Member
Cooling fan on wall oven
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »

Replaced #318112703 relay.Cooling fan started as soon as bake was started.Fan stopped when bake cancelled.Then started about 10 minutes later--ran for
about 10 minutes  & shut off.Relay was packaged as 318112703 but had extra terminals than orginal but same configuration.Not sure if its a sub or designed to
work different.

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Cooling fan on wall oven
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »
A model number would be helpful!!!

Could be it is working as it is supposed to.

Offline Matzie66

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
  Sorry about that--I usually always  put the make & model #. Kenmore wall oven-model#C970-415232
 I,ve found that most cooling fan motors start after oven is warming up & continue running for about 20 minutes after
bake is stopped. Worked on a Frigidaire range today & cooling fan on it started as soon as bake  started. :thanks:

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:35:25 AM »
Below is info on this unit
http://b2b.frigidaire.com/support/ResultsPage.asp?strModel=C970-415232&User=&Search=Search

Looks like the fan comes on whenever the bake or broil element is on through the relay.

Also on when the Fan Hold Thermostat closes.

It could be that the oven was not on for very long.
It takes  while for the heat to penetrate the oven shell and trip the thermostat and that is why it came on later for a while during your test.

So I would say that the unit is working OK.