Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: AmazonBasics Microwave, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa!  (Read 197 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
AmazonBasics Microwave, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa!
« on: September 21, 2018, 06:56:57 AM »

I just read something yesterday about Amazon working with appliance manufactures to include the chip to enable Alexa on low end appliance and then today I see this on Amazon already!

This item will be released on November 14, 2018.

Now itís easier to defrost peas, make popcorn, cook potatoes, and reheat rice. Quick-cook voice presets and a simplified keypad let you just ask Alexa to start microwaving.

Auto Popcorn Replenishment can automatically reorder popcorn when you run low, enabled by Amazon Dash Replenishment technology.

Compact size saves counter space, plus 10 power levels, a kitchen timer, a child lock, and a turntable.

Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new presets, features, and skills.

What I find just as amazing is the price, only $59.99!

https://amzn.to/2poX437

Offline MTCmajorappliance

• VIP Member
Re: AmazonBasics Microwave, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:25:54 AM »
Many appliance and household goods manufactures are moving in this direction to integrate the control of these products with wireless devices. For example I went on a service call for a Samsung refrigerator UI display was not working. The customer moved into new home and the refrigerator needed to be reset to recognize a new wireless router. A small hidden dip switch under left leading edge of UI display identified which wireless routers where in range. After connection the the UI displayed weather and date. Touch the UI displays refrigerator temps and dispenser functions.  Each of the appliance manufactures are trying win customers by wireless connectivity.     

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: AmazonBasics Microwave, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 02:41:49 PM »
Many appliance and household goods manufactures are moving in this direction to integrate the control of these products with wireless devices. For example I went on a service call for a Samsung refrigerator UI display was not working. The customer moved into new home and the refrigerator needed to be reset to recognize a new wireless router. A small hidden dip switch under left leading edge of UI display identified which wireless routers where in range. After connection the the UI displayed weather and date. Touch the UI displays refrigerator temps and dispenser functions.  Each of the appliance manufactures are trying win customers by wireless connectivity.     

It's true that many appliance manufactures have been integrating smart controls and it's really not all that new of a thing.
But the Samsung refrigerator your talking about I would guess was several thousand dollars whereas the Amazon microwave is only $60 and that included two day delivery to your door.

Does anyone else even make a countertop microwave with any type of smart features at this point?

What other Amazon Basic Appliance will we soon see?