Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidair Electrolux FER211AS2 Dryer Front Glides & other repairs  (Read 347 times)

Offline dennismv

• VIP Member
Frigidair Electrolux FER211AS2 Dryer Front Glides & other repairs
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »

I have a Frigidair Electrolux FER211AS2 Dryer that occasionally catches clothes between the front glides and the drum enclosure.  It was suggested that I need to repair front glides, which I can, but I have noted other issues.

One, do I also need to replace the material that the plastic front glides slide on?

Another is I have noted that the foam seal between the blower and the lint enclosure on the door was damaged.  How can I replace it?  Where do I get the foam, what glue do I use, and how do I clean the old glue off of the lint enclosure opening?

Thanks!

Online Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Frigidair Electrolux FER211AS2 Dryer Front Glides & other repairs
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »
I dont have experience on this model but it appears to be very similar to  other models. The plastic glides normally have a gap at the ends and it is usually not a problem.  They seldom presnt a problem. The felt around the outer part of the drum where it is loose needs to be reglued if at all possible. I have used contact cement. The end of the felt will have to be carefully cut loose a small amount and reglued. Some brands of dryers offer this as a repair part.  If it is available it takes a lot of time and prep work to put a new one in place. A lot of clothespins are needed to hold it in place when it is glueing. You may end up with a worse situation than currently exists. The foam seal can usually be carefully cut off and a new one put in place again using contact cement. I have used window seal foam material from a builder supply store. If the thickness you need is not available get a thickness as close as possible. It might be available in a large sheet but not likely. If you have to use a window sealing foam cut it on a diagonal direction and use a clothespin to hold it in place while the contact cement dries.  Good luck