Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Gas Dryer (MDG6200AWW) gas not lighting or not staying lit  (Read 465 times)

Offline bodiere2

• VIP Member

I have a Maytag gas dryer, model MDG6200AWW. I'm not sure how old it is but I'd guess 15 years, maybe older.

It's having a problem that appears related to igniting the gas and/or keeping it lit. The dyer powers on without any issues, the igniter gets hot but the gas either doesn't light, or if it does will goes out after 2-7 minutes. If the dryer is running and it goes out, the igniter will get hot about every 1:30 but the gas won't re-ignite - or at least it doesn't after 10 minutes (that's the longest I've observed it).

I've test the thermal fuse and the gas valve coils and both appear to be functioning. I've also tried unplugging the exhaust to see if a clog was causing the issue.

Any other ideas or things I can try?

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Maytag Gas Dryer (MDG6200AWW) gas not lighting or not staying lit
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »
279834 Change the coils as they can ohm out ok and open up later! Very common!