Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool CAE2743BQ No Functions No Lights  (Read 2805 times)

Offline danman

• VIP Member
Whirlpool CAE2743BQ No Functions No Lights
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:31:57 AM »

I have a whirlpool coin operated washer model cae2743bq that has no functions, and no lights.  I can not get the unit to respond at all.  Tried unplugging it, waiting for 10 minutes then re plugging it back in.  The power outlet is good,as I can plug in the adjacent machine and it works fine.  I opened up the panel where the control board is and there is a green led light on, on the board.  I assume this verifies there is power to the board.  I did the same with the adjacent working machine and it's green led light on the control board is on as well.  Ive also tried to get it to respond to diagnostics with the washer setting knob, starting at normal then left, right, right, left, right, but again no response and no lights.  I'm wondering if the control board is the issue, or if it is the switch in the meter case.  Any way of isolating the cause?

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool CAE2743BQ No Functions No Lights
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »
See if you can get the washer in a diagnostic mode and calibrate it. Or see if any codes pops up and clear them. I see you tried that but may have not done it fast enough or just right.Try it again or on the other machine so you know your doing it right.Just putting that out there.Also that tech.sheet is your friend and may point you in the right direction.Yes that light on the board just means that its getting power,does not mean its good.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:28:04 AM by dab147315 »

Offline danman

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »
Unfortunately, it will not go into diagnostics mode.  I was able to get the the other working machine into diagnostics mode and recalibrate that one.  I will attempt to use the tech sheet to see if the control board is the problem.  Thank you

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »
I have a whirlpool coin operated washer model cae2743bq that has no functions, and no lights.  I can not get the unit to respond at all.  Tried unplugging it, waiting for 10 minutes then re plugging it back in.  The power outlet is good,as I can plug in the adjacent machine and it works fine.  I opened up the panel where the control board is and there is a green led light on, on the board.  I assume this verifies there is power to the board.  I did the same with the adjacent working machine and it's green led light on the control board is on as well.  Ive also tried to get it to respond to diagnostics with the washer setting knob, starting at normal then left, right, right, left, right, but again no response and no lights.  I'm wondering if the control board is the issue, or if it is the switch in the meter case.  Any way of isolating the cause?

What did you find wrong with this washer?

Offline VRP

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »
Any luck with this case????  I got exactly the same problem and havent been able to find any solution to it

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:07:13 PM »
That poster never got back to us.

Offline Bdake

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 07:41:51 AM »
I had this same problem and found that some of the didoes on the Jumper Board had burned out with no visible signs of burning