Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool md# wrf757sdem01 dual evaporator  (Read 2667 times)

Offline kwyoon

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool md# wrf757sdem01 dual evaporator
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 05:52:39 PM »

I finally got my new fresh food section evaporator fan + thermistor + defrost sensor assembly and replaced it last night.  After letting it fully defrost, and turning it back on this morning, it appears to be working better.  At least everything shuts off occasionally, which it didn't do with the faulty defrost sensor.

Offline drkillabrew

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool md# wrf757sdem01 dual evaporator
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 11:17:00 PM »
Hello folks, just wanted to post a follow-up to the more-recent portions of this thread. I ordered the replacement fan/thermistor assembly for the Whirlpool fridge I was having the problem with. I removed the evaporator cover in the RC with the intent of replacing the fan/themistor assembly as noted previously. Funny thing! When I went to remove the thermistor from the coil, I noticed it was extremely loose. Loose, as in exactly the condition described and addressed in the service pointer mentioned by Harold's Appliance...

As previously stated the service pointer indicates that the thermistor is apparently loose and the repair procedure would be to remove all Frost or ice buidup with a hair dryer or heat gun and secure sensor in place with a plastic tie strap.
So, guess what? I rotated the thermistor clip to a tighter position on the coil, and, like the service pointer instructed, secured it tightly with a zip tie. I'm 6 weeks post-repair with absolutely no ice buildup, RC is keeping consistent temp and no other issues. So I guess it pays to follow service pointers. I've also got a replacement fan/thermistor in case I ever actually need it in the future...