Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch SMV50E70EP / 97 dishwasher doesn't start - flashing faucet icon  (Read 536 times)

Offline Sbiriguda

• VIP Member

Hello everybody from Italy, this is my first post  :cheers:

When I open the Bosch SMV50E70EP / 97 dishwasher I set the program and start it, after some seconds the dishwasher stops. There is a faucet icon with a red flashing led on. The manual just says if the faucet red icon is FLASHING there is a technical problem, call the assistance. Otherwise if the red faucet icon is still (but this is not the case) the drain hose could be clogged or the or the water intake line could be not working. When I opened the dishwasher there was some still water in the filter. I tried to open and clean the filter, I checked that the water drain hose is not clogged but I didn't notice anything strange. Some weeks ago the plumber came and replaced some pipes under the kitchen sink where also the dishwasher is connected

What do you think, is there something I can do or I just call the technician?

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:17:08 PM by Sbiriguda »

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Bosch SMV50E70EP / 97 dishwasher doesn't start - flashing faucet icon
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 12:02:24 PM »
Did you get you problem fixed?I am very interested in this older model dishwasher.I have one made in 1997.Cannot find the repair manual.

Offline Sbiriguda

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch SMV50E70EP / 97 dishwasher doesn't start - flashing faucet icon
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 12:35:06 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't fix it I just had to replace it
Sometimes it seems that the problem can be fixed just by unplugging the machine for 24 hours (not switching off, really disconnect it from the power grid).
In my case instead I believe the problem was the electric motor that drains the water. I was suggested to make it run by connecting an external wire to it. Then my wife was harrassing me and I just ditched the whole thing in the dumps, and bought the cheapest possible Candy dishwasher (Italian brand now made in China). Not the right approach I know but faster
By the way, Bosch is not made in Germany any more and the quality is much lower than in the past. Not worth it IMHO