Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Centennial MVWC400XW0 quit mid cycle  (Read 486 times)

Offline TigerTeaux

• VIP Member
Maytag Centennial MVWC400XW0 quit mid cycle
« on: August 22, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »

Maytag Centennial MVWC400XW0  has been making more noise than usual during spin/drain cycle -  sounding like the pump is having trouble kicking on.... almost a revving sound...

Today, it quit mid cycle, flashing lights...  a loud buzzzzzzzzz sound.... BURNING smell!! 

Error codes we get are:
F0E2
F1E2
F7E6
F2E1

Seems to be a motor/motor control fault??   What kind of repair am I looking at?

It is almost 8 years old....   not sure if it's even worth fixing at this point. 

TIA!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:48:47 AM by TigerTeaux »

Offline LeRayParateur

• VIP Member
    • Réparation d'électroménagers à Trois-Rivières, Bécancour, Nicolet, Shawinigan
Re: Maytag Centennial MVWC400XW0 quit mid cycle
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 11:46:03 PM »
The F0E2 code is for excessive suds, which would likely appear for any restriction to the tub movement.

The F2E1 code is for stuck key, so maybe when someone tried to cancel a cycle, not very relevant either.

F1E2 is likely motor control error, while F7E6 indicates motor fault. With both these codes together, I would first check for continuity of each wire between the control board and the motor. Also check the capacitor near the motor to make sure it's still within specifications.

You can also check if the motor is easy to turn by hand and that its' winding resistances are within specs.

A control board replacement might not be worth it on a 8 yo washer, but it probably wouldn't have led to a noisy washer... just fail and make the washer act strange.

Depending on the noise, it could be a bad gearcase bearing, causing both noise and increase the drag on the motor, but this would eventually have shown a F7E7 code.

Offline TigerTeaux

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag Centennial MVWC400XW0 quit mid cycle
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 07:42:29 AM »
Thanks for the info!  I sure do appreciate the detailed reply.  After weighing our options and pricing parts, we decided to junk it and buy a new set.  From our experience, 8 years out of any appliance these days with no issues is next to miraculous.    :2funny: