Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Microwave Suddenly Stopped Working  (Read 759 times)

Offline wpollock

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Microwave Suddenly Stopped Working
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »

Whirlpool microwave model GH5184XPS-5

Suddenly stopped working.Main power supply is good.

No readouts on display panel and interior light will not come on when door is opened.

I tested the in line fuse and it reads good according to my multimeter.

Any thoughts as to what I should check next? Could the problem be a door switch?

Thanks

Offline doczip

• VIP Member
  • Endeavor to Persevere
Re: Whirlpool Microwave Suddenly Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »
There are several interlocks for the main AC line, follow the L1 side of the wall plug from the plug through the filter board, door main and secondary switches and any and all disk OT components.  In addition look for brown or burned connectors on the door interlocks as they fail for loose contact.  If any of the door micro switches are defective make sure us replace with the correct amp rating.  The unit might have failed initially in the high voltage area, common failure, check the Magnetron, High voltage cap or diode.  The diode can only be tested with a dc voltage, like a 9 volt battery, as it must be forward biased on the test it.  The tech sheet in the unit is a good source of information.  Best of success.
Doc'