Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: New LG Washer- Very Loud Spin!!!  (Read 986 times)

Offline loudspin-yikes!

• VIP Member
New LG Washer- Very Loud Spin!!!
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:13:36 AM »

Hello, I just had a new LG washer delivered today. The install guy tested the machine and everything looked good. Spun to 115 RPMs during the testing with no noise at all.

Now, I am washing a normal sized load and the entire spin cycle the machine made the noise in the attached video. It is very loud- I hope you can tell from the video! My old Whirlpool top load was basically silent during the spin. Is this normal? There is no way it can be... Any ideas or do I just need to call the install people to come back?

Link to video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iYAwY19_4GOP6Y7sbmwP0Cbp0ZrQ-efi

Thanks in advance for the help!

Washer Model #: LG WM3770HVA
Pedastol Sidekick Model #: LG WD100CV

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: New LG Washer- Very Loud Spin!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »
My first guess would be that the 4 shipping bolts were not removed from the back.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »
I am very interested in the results of this testing and eventual solution as I want to consider one of these type of units to reduce my water bill. Most of the people I talk to dont like the noise in the spin cycle.

Offline loudspin-yikes!

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:05:43 PM »
My first guess would be that the 4 shipping bolts were not removed from the back.

Thanks for the reply!

Wouldn't this have been evident when doing the testing with the technician at the house? As I mentioned in the initial post, the machine was empty but got up to 115 RPM and was silent.

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »
Not necessarily. Normal spin speed can be as high as 1300 RPM on that model. And remember, when it's empty there really isn't anything to "balance". The installer should have removed 4 shipping bolts that looked like the attached image.

Offline loudspin-yikes!

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »
Got it. So can I check to see if they have been removed myself?

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »
My second guess would be the legs are either not properly adjusted or not locked down. This can be especially problematic on tile floors because there can be a sixteenth of an inch or so variation in the tile.