Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool front load washer model GHW9300PW1  (Read 526 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Whirlpool front load washer model GHW9300PW1
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:45:41 AM »

I was recently given the above washer for free as a repair  if possible. The unit has I am sure a damaged or broken spider support inside    that may end up too costly to repair. It does have a lot of usable parts howver. I have tried unsuccessfully so far to get the rear pulley off and need some advice. The  large hex  nut is Loctited on and will not budge. I am possibly going to put some heat of it but what is best way if any to restrain the wheel from moving without destroying it ? Anyone do it differently ? Impact gun ?
I also have a GE front load unit model GFSW1700HOIWW that I am trying to use some if its parts such as the rear belt hub for the Whirlpool unit to make one usable unit out of the two..Are any of these compatible ? . The front seal on one is pretty well cheunked out and the other has the spider broke . Quite a mess. These front load machines are eraly  a mess when they fail and very expensive to repair.
HELP.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool front load washer model GHW9300PW1
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
With some effort I was able to get this nut off the W-pool shaft and it appears that the belt hub and maybe the belt will fit on the GEwashjer. Not sure about the controls and any other heplful info would be apprecited.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
The plastic basket section was damaged by the belt hub when It wobbled around after coming loose. starting grooves in several places in the back side of the tub. The grooves are not worn thru and it appears they are repairable by filling with epoxy and putting  small metal splice plates over the cracked sections. Since this part does not rotate it may be adequate. The spider inside appears to be OK.  Lots of work to lay this over on its sides, etc to keep the epoxy from running out of the cracks when it is being applied as a soft liquid. More info to follow after I get it back together. Hope it is worth the time.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »
This unit was repaired using several splice plates across the cracked areas of the outer plastic tub. NO leaks. Ran a few loads of light clothes and it works OK. The belt which was sightly wider than the original was used instead of the original. Length of belt is equal. The amount of water is a lot less bu I prefer the older design top loaders. The internal parts are OK  .
When I sell this I will recommend the end user run it on low spin only and light loads to prolong the life of the bearings..

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 02:48:16 PM »
Sold it to a person who is going to use it in a a apt  arrangement. I specifically suggested that it not be run any faster than low speed in the spin cycle   if it was run in the fast spin speed the bearings would not last very long / A couple of labels were pasted on the control area to make sure he understood what I meant.