Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG top-load washer won't spin, OE error code  (Read 732 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
LG top-load washer won't spin, OE error code
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:38:34 PM »

Hello everyone,  I'm working on a LG top-load washer model no. WT1701CV that won't run thru the complete cycle.  I removed and checked the pump and  drain hoses (working good & clear).  The washer will run thru the cycle (fill, agitate and drain good) when it gets to the 12 min. mark the washer will start a slow to med speed spin, move down to 11 min. stop and go back to 12 minutes again.  This will repeat 4 or 5 times then the washer will shut down and show OE.  I'm thinking something may be faulty in the electronic control unit since the pump & hoses seem fine.  The electronic control is part no. EBR80321804.  What do you think?  Any info on this matter would be great.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: LG top-load washer won't spin, OE error code
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »
Page 32 in this service manual.
                           https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XPXNvsTNH7bYfvl1xKD7B_FhHO_F39VA/view?usp=sharing

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »
Thanks dab147315 for the info.  I'm pretty sure the pump is good as it pumps water out like a fire hose.  I'll check that white wire connector on the electronic control board but I may just take a new pump with me just in case.  I'll let you know how I make out next week.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
I usually put these in the test mode (t6) and if it doesn't drain check for voltage at the pump.  if no voltage its gonna be a bad wire or a bad board. usually a board
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:58:31 PM »
Was out there today and I'm pretty sure the pressure switch is bad.  I get resistance on wires 1 & 3 but nothing happens when I blow into it.  I hear it make a little noise but no click and the meter does not change.  Also something rattles inside when shaken like a broken contact point. I ordered a new pressure switch and will replace it in a couple of days when it comes in.  I'll let you know how I make out.  thanks again.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 09:43:49 PM »
Well it looks like a pressure switch fixed the problem.  I install a new one and the washer ran thru the complete cycle.  I tried to ohm out the new pressure switch but it seems to be the same as the old one.
I get resistance on terminals 1 & 3 only, even when I blow into the hose. No clicking sound like the old ones I'm used to.  I don't understand it but it worked so I'm happy.  Thanks again!

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 11:36:46 PM »
That's a digital pressure switch.  Don't blow in them.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 09:39:25 PM »
Now you tell me!  (after the fact).  Is there a way to tell if it's good or bad?  The service manual tells me nothing about that, only to check for resistance on terminals 1 & 3.

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »
I know there's a test in the service manual...which someone provided already.  Look it up and give  it a go.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »
The only check on the pressure switch is on page-38.  It only says to check for resistance on terminals 1 & 3 (should read 21 to 23 ohms).  This is what I read when I checked the old one & the new replacement pressure switch.  I changed it anyway and have not heard from the customer for about 2-weeks now, so I am assuming that the washer is working OK now as she said she would call if it did not work.  Thanks anyway!

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »
Page 29 shows the test mode you can enter and tests 3, 4, and 5 will tell you if the pressure sensor is sending the proper info to the computer.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Thanks, I'll remember that for the future.  Or if she calls back this will be the first thing I check.  Once again, thank you so much for this information.