Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG LDF7561 intermittent operation  (Read 98 times)

Offline Natediggity

• VIP Member
LG LDF7561 intermittent operation
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:30:59 PM »

One day my dishwasher (LG LDF7561) just quit working.  I would get no response from power button.  I took it apart searching for a problem.  The only thing I found was degraded wiring at the 2 relays on the control board.  The wires who showed evidence of getting hot and corrosion, however there was still proper voltage at the terminals, yet the dishwasher wouldn't power on.  As I was fooling around with the dishwasher, suddenly it would power on. I repaired the wiring and put the dishwasher back together and it worked fine for a few days. After a few days it suddenly wouldn't power on again.

I let it sit for a few days and it still would not power on, so again I took the front cover off.  I immediately verify power at the relay terminals was good. Also I noted that as soon as I took it apart there was a red LED lit up on the control board, but at this time had no display and the power button was still unresponsive. While fooling around again in the area of the control board and the switches, at some point, I again regained the ability to turn the dishwasher on.  I put the dishwasher back together and ran the diagnostic mode that I found in the troubleshooting guide.  The instructions here we're kind of vague so if anybody has anything further on what I should see that would be helpful.  The only things I noted was that the vario valve did not display UN on two attempts, but first displayed Cr then LO.  Also after putting water in the dishwasher the drain pump RPM was variable, but it did drain fine.

The dishwasher is working again but I would love to find a permanent solution here.  Any ideas?