Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Mabe top load goes off balance  (Read 364 times)

Offline moisheh

• VIP Member
Mabe top load goes off balance
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »

WE winter in Mexico and recently replaced a great Whirlpool with a Mabe ( more or less a GE) top load. The Whirlpool was 6 years old and worked great but we have really bad water and the machine was just too rusty. Before that we had another Whirlpool and it lasted 10 years with zero repairs. But the tub was rusted right through!! We had  to buy our unit in Mexico and looked at Home Depot and Lowes. The Mabe model we have is supposed to be one of their better  machines. It does not have a regular agitator. The agitator is only a few inches high. I actually saw a lot of different makes that were similar. It works well but when washing towels or jeans the machine becomes so far off balance that it will move on the floor. WE have to shut it off and rearrange everything. My wife is careful to distribute the clothes and it is never overloaded. Any suggestions? Thanks.