Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: DISH NETWORK IS HIRING MASTER APPLIANCE REPAIR TECHNICIANS!!  (Read 1720 times)

Offline nick9221

• VIP Member

Hello fellow techs,
about 2 or 3 weeks ago I started looking for a new employer. I quickly discovered that Dish Network is doing a massive search for experienced techs. They apparently have decided to venture into our world of appliance repair. From what I have gathered, they will be servicing all brands. However, Samsung seems to be the main company they will be servicing. Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know about it because they are offering a very attractive salary with a $2,500 sign on bonus. Now I have been through all of the interviews already, or at least I think I have. I'm now waiting for them to send the job offer. I'm hoping I can find someone that has already started to work there so I can learn what I'm getting myself into here. If anyone knows anything about this then please reply and fill me in. If you want to see the job offer just go to any job search side and search Master Service Consultant - Appliance Repair - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
Re: DISH NETWORK IS HIRING MASTER APPLIANCE REPAIR TECHNICIANS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
Do you get free HBO?  Game of thrones is possibly worth it

Offline rbmappltech

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
Finding competent techs will be hard to do, there there is a nation wide shortage of good appliance techs. I don't think Dish will have anymore success than anyone else finding good techs. Of course they can steal them away from Sears.

Offline nick9221

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »
Yes things are not looking good for them. They mysteriously decided not to hire me, but perhaps that is for the best. People are not liking the idea of a Dish Network employee fixing their band new appliances.

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 09:57:08 AM »
They were possibly just testing the water for this market.

Often corporations do not mind wasting your time, interfering with your plans, or getting your hopes up, in their search for profits.

They may have been having high-level discussions with Samsung (who apparently cannot get anyone to fix their appliances*), and others on the possibility of getting an already-established service network to pick up their repair load.

So they throw out a $2500 bonus bait to see who bites, but when the talks break down, or they don't get a decent response, they shelve the idea and move on to the next scheme.

Don't let it bother you too much.

*It appears that in Central California, there are not too many folks who work on Samsung.  I get a number of calls from out of the area asking me if I work on Samsung, and can I handle x, y, or z.  Samsung appliances are junk, in my opinion.  But then again, so is almost everything else nowadays...

Offline nick9221

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
 I donít think I could agree more with everything that you said. Nobody wants to work on Samsung anywhere in the country; at least not that I am aware of. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Offline jeff5may

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »
I used to work in the satellite TV and internet/communication industry. They pretty much all pay by the job. I decided to go contractor rather than driving one of their vans full of useless crap except literature. You got free gas so they could drive you 500 miles a day to get to job sites. As a contractor I could pick my own route, get paid directly for custom labor, and quickly bug out of bogus jobs. As with most service jobs, there were a lot of customers who wanted way more work done than they wanted to pay for, and even more botched work orders.

At first, I didn't understand how anything got done correctly, ever. There were so many morons driving shiny vans who couldn't rig up a Christmas tree without calling the tech line. I quickly figured out that the skill was all in the leadership. If you had a clue and could deal with people, you got promoted to quality or route supervision right effing now. Pay was even more performance based, as a boss your pay stub reflected your subordinates performance and quality rates as well as code compliance. If one of my guys missed an appointment or got a code violation, I felt it in my wallet.

The thing that killed the job for me was the feast or famine factor. One day, week, or month, there was more work than everyone could do working 24 hours. The next, nothing. The scheduling system was so ADHD you never knew what you would be doing in 2 or 3 hours, much less tomorrow or the next day. When nobody did much I didn't make Jack. Base rate was on par with unemployment.

Offline applianceguy69!

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 04:04:35 PM »
gentleman, i currently work for dish network as a master appliance tech,i am here to tell you that a fat sign on and good money for what you do isnt everything.
you have to hound them for the bonus to [ make sure you are eliguble]. it took them 180 days instead of the promised 90 days. now picture yourself sitting down at a computer with 3 monitors because it takes that many to keep track of all the tools and internal things you need to do youre everyday job! which consists of basically copying and pasting samsung ice maker parts bulletins or trying to get agents who are not appliance savvy at all to ask the right questions and then triage them. then lets not talk about the fact that 99% of these agents are female who are literally on the same cycle of the month!!!!
now the samsung contract is up and we went from 150 agents down to 23. im only here still because im looking for something else.
if you cant sit still for long periods of time, cant handle bitchy,catty little girls, or even chickenshit managers DONT COME HERE