Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire stacker FFLE39C1QW0, only drains,no other actions  (Read 293 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983

When I got to the washer,I heard something making some gear noise in the enclosed motor under the outer tub,but washer was not turned on. I unplugged the power,plugged in again,the noise is still there.But cannot make it do anything.I replaced the control board on the rear left above the washer and under the dryer,it will only drain and nothing else.The gear noise is still there and won't go away.I tried the diagnostic,it keeps beeping 3 times,but won't fill with water.I will go back with the motor control board on the bottom left away from the washer.This is a puzzle,what makes this gear noise continuously and can't stop it?Please help,this just passed one year warranty . thank

Offline jschuholz

• VIP Member
Re: Frigidaire stacker FFLE39C1QW0, only drains,no other actions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »
did you find a solution ?   Have the same one and can't get into washer diag mode, dryer works good and I can get into diag dryer mode.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:22:36 PM by jschuholz »

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 03:02:13 AM »
I replaced the important electronic boards,still could not make it work.Do I asked the owner to call other repairman to try.She got one guy,who could not fix it.The owner then hired another guy, still could not fix it.She replaced the Stacker.So I don't know what the problem was.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 08:57:34 PM »
I had one driving me nuts recently. It turned out there was a broken wire in the harness that goes from the bottom of the tub to the motor control. It must have shorted out before it broke because there also was a blown triac on the main control board. The harness part number is 5304500476. It seems like a bad design, will probably be replacing a few of them.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:58:54 PM by tgoods »

Offline jschuholz

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 09:18:02 PM »
I've tried checking all connectors, control boards, replaced control boards, do u have an idea where wire was broken ?  I don't think I have blown triac but I'll check again.  This is one garbage machine - can't get it into diagnostics - Have no idea what is wrong.  Frigidaire has horrible customer service.  The control boards in this machine says this was built in Jan 2017 or somebody before me replaced the control boards  is there a service manual for this appliance ?   Have the diagnostic manual which is useless if you can't get into diag mode.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
I wasn't able to get into diagnostics using the tech sheet. I downloaded the tech sheet from http://b2b.frigidaire.com/support/manuals.asp, which has completely different instructions. I had to use the instructions that required unplugging the machine because the other instructions didn't work. My model number was a little different and the tech sheet for your model comes up as a missing file. Try this tech sheet: ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Webster/A03225302.pdf. I don't remember the code I got but it was a motor error. I assume the wire was broken where it zipties to the tub. The harness has two plugs at the motor control and one plug at the tub.

Offline jschuholz

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:16:29 PM »
the electolux sheet is the one I've been using to try to get into diag mode.   What I don't understand is how a broken wire from the motor control to the tub motor can make the diag mode unavailable !   guess I need to start removing connectors from the laundry control board to see if I can get into diag mode.  I'll look into the harness tomorrow and report back.  thanks

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 03:34:18 AM »
Thank you guys for uploading the useful diagnostic info.This machine seems to be mysterious.I would be very cautious if I have to work on them.

Offline jschuholz

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 04:30:12 PM »
ok - took off wire harness on bottom of tub - had a bad spot in one of the wires running to the motor & the motor cntrl.  spliced it & now the appliance works.  What is bad is how that bad wire can make the whole washer worthless.  I still can't get it into diag mode - maybe my fault.  I don't have a clear understanding of what tech sheet to use to get it into diag mode.  dryer diag mode works perfect.  THIS MACHINE IS GARBAGE - would never put this in my house