Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Top Load Washer WT1101CW - Control Board Issue??  (Read 940 times)

Offline mmahota

• VIP Member
LG Top Load Washer WT1101CW - Control Board Issue??
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »

I got an OE code and problem with washer draining.  I pulled out the pump and verified it was working properly.  Then I measured and found it was not getting the required 120VAC supply voltage.

So I ordered a new Main Control PCB and swapped it out with the old one.  Then I could not get the washer to power up or any response on the display.  I reinstalled the original Main Control PCB and same thing - no power up or any response on the display.  In both cases, I measured and found the display PCB was not getting the required 16.5v supply voltage.

I was suspicious (due to poor packaging) that the replacement Main Control PCB could be damaged.  But am wondering now if something else is in play because the washer is not functioning at all when I reinstall the original Main Control PCB.

Any ideas and input would be welcome, thanks!

Offline mmahota

• VIP Member
Re: LG Top Load Washer WT1101CW - Control Board Issue??
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:11:27 PM »
P.S.  I handled the Main Control PCB and Display PCB without using a ground strap - could I have damaged the boards?  Could they be that sensitive?

Offline Kstang69

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 11:20:09 AM »
I had one once with same kind of symptoms it was in a commercial facility and their was 2 machine washers next to it so I thought I would swap main B.d between one of the working ones learned my lesson their. Plugged the working one in to the non working machine and the machine killed the board transferred back to working machine good board now dead ordered new B.oard for cust. Machine I broke don't know weather it was a bad ui or shorted harness owner op-ed to save it for parts so never figured it out.

Offline mmahota

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
Thanks Kstang, I guess the take-away is to check for shorts before installing another Main Control PCB.

Offline Kstang69

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
I'm thinking that would be wise  It was such a temptation to just swap and know for sure.