Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: REFRIGERATOR QUIT AND WON'T RESTART  (Read 557 times)

Offline fixnfab911

• VIP Member
REFRIGERATOR QUIT AND WON'T RESTART
« on: April 21, 2018, 11:39:32 AM »

Hi,  I'm playing with a Frigidaire FFTR1022QM apartment size refrigerator. It will not start and the 5 LED lights on the control panel flash left to right alternately then flash altogether continually. If I by-pass the controls, the compressor will come on. The solid state control board has been swapped out with a known good board but the same results. I could not find much tech info on this unit. Could the LED's be indicating a trouble code? There appear to be at least three input sensors to the control board. I'm thinking one has failed. Any info you folks can give would be appreciated.                     Thanks

Offline Gpstar

• VIP Member
Re: REFRIGERATOR QUIT AND WON'T RESTART
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:20:05 AM »
I noticed the 2018 post and I have the same problem and question.
Does anyone know what the blinking LED lights on the Fridgidair FFTR1022QM  with main board #5304498695 means.

Everything else on this fridge tests perfect and replacing the main board gave the same blinking lights and no run.

Any ideas.  Oh that's right this thread is 2 years old with no takers.

Moderator what is to be done?

Thanks

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »
Did any other sites give you any information? A lot of these are disposable machines.

Offline Gpstar

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »
SOLVED:  Simple Fix, but confusing symptoms.    The temperature control had 5 LEDS that would just flash constantly even after after a reset.  Every few seconds the freezer fan would attempt to turn but only for a moment. 

The Frigidaire FFTRQM is an apartment sized refrigerator that stopped working after about 4 years.  I checked everything - the compressor, relay, capacitor.  The coils were clean with no signs of leakage so I ordered and installed a new main board, but it didn't solve the problem.  One time after it was unplugged for about an hour I got the refrigerator to run normal, so I checked running amps and things looked good.  On a whim I checked the freezer fan voltage and amps.

It TURNED OUT to be the freezer fan #ZWF-02-4 50240401000Q.  It's a 12vdc fan with a 4w rating.  The Main Board #5304498695 feeds power to the fan at 11.86vdc.  I quickly checked the amperage and it turned out the fan was drawing 9.9 watts so I ordered a new fan on Ebay for $25.41 and installed it last week.
The new fan did the trick and runs at a low 0.9 watts.  The refrigerator has been working perfectly ever since and fortunately I was able to return the main board for a full refund.