Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Broken Timer Control Knob  (Read 3761 times)

Offline mcsquizzy

• VIP Member
Broken Timer Control Knob
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »

Hi;

The timer control knob on our Frigidaire front loader has broken.  I have purchased a replacement knob assembly but it's not obvious from the parts diagram how things go together.

I haven't popped the top to check things out yet.  Any advice or suggestions before I do?

Thanks.

Model FWT645RHS1

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • Caregiver, DIYer
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Broken Timer Control Knob
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »
I think their is a rod you pull out on the rear of the timer and then place the knob on there and shove the rod back in.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 08:57:31 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair

Offline mcsquizzy

• VIP Member
Re: Broken Timer Control Knob
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:44:22 PM »
Hi;

It turns out the knob is just threaded on.  I found a post at another site (sorry AJ) that explained that the part of the knob left on the machine could be grasped with a pair of pliers and rotated.  That loosened it and it just spun off.  The replacement knob was then threaded back on until it was tight and voila!

Thanks all.