Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Air-drying your clothes: How much money does it really save?  (Read 775 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Air-drying your clothes: How much money does it really save?
« on: March 17, 2018, 09:29:10 PM »

I found this kind of interesting to read.

https://clark.com/home-category/air-drying-your-clothes-how-much-money-does-it-really-save/

Offline Thrould

• VIP Member
Re: Air-drying your clothes: How much money does it really save?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:43:00 AM »
Air-Drying Clothing Inside
Hang clothes from a rod or lay them flat on a drying rack when air-drying garments inside the home.
Keep garments separated to allow air circulation and faster drying.
Place clothes near a fan or a heat vent to air-dry more quickly.
yes it does drying it at home is easy you can even have your exercise while doing it enjoy trying it

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
Re: Air-drying your clothes: How much money does it really save?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
You can certainly air dry clothes with success, but it does seem to be a lot of trouble to go to to save ~$24 per year.  Wrinkled and stiff clothes with an occasional odor would not be worth it to me.

The article mentioned the purchase of a $12.99 drying rack which would pay for itself in 6 months!  That strikes me as pretty extreme penny pinching.  How much gas and time did it take to obtain this item?  How does that cost compare with a clothes line and clothes pins?   In what other ways does this person waste money, or how much do they actually save, if they are religious about it? 

What is the motivation?  $24.00??

Anyway, I make a lot of jokes about solar clothes dryers.  I don't know why I find it funny, but my customers seem to get it when I tell them it is just a clothes line.

If  you do dry your clothes out side, you can get the stiffness out by running them on fluff in your dryer for a few minutes.   But I guess that undermines the purpose.