Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Door hinge replacement on Bosch HMC80251UC/01  (Read 1757 times)

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Door hinge replacement on Bosch HMC80251UC/01
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:55:44 AM »

Anyone have the manual for this microwave / browning oven? HMC80251UC/01  Need to change a hinge, and hope to not have to learn while I earn how the door comes off.  Manual or advice from those familiar with this one would be much appreciated!

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: Door hinge replacement on Bosch HMC80251UC/01
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:36:59 PM »
Here's a manual.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I wonder if that hinge holder is supposed to be made by the tech, or included with the hinge?  The hinge I got had been opened, and holder was not included.  Did manage to get job done, though!

Offline perceptor

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »
Hello,

How did you remove the door? and were you able to find the spring attached to the hinge separately?

I have a broken spring on the right side that I want to replace, but I can't find the part or the instructions apart form the hinge only.

Any suggestions/pointers?

Thanks.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »
The hinge comes with the spring.  You get to make your own holders, dimensions in the manual.  I found it to be a pain to work on and would turn one down in the future.  Good luck?!

Offline perceptor

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 09:51:59 PM »
I just spent two hours on opening the plastic inside the door. It's absolutely painful. I agree. I have given up. Will have to call a technician now. This appears simple but very difficult.

BTW, where did you get "holders" to keep the hinges open while putting door back? That's another painful task.

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 07:56:21 AM »
Made the holders out of a piece of steel stock, the dimensions are in the manual mentioned earlier in this thread.  I think the worst part of the job was the customer watching over my shoulder, trying to see if I was damaging anything!!!

Offline perceptor

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 08:02:57 AM »
I am surely not that handy so I would have to leverage someone like yours expertise :(

Offline jkbasel

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »
How do you remove the plastic cover so you can access the hinges?
The manual does not mention that.
Thanks,
John

Offline oxfrombws

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
I know this is an old topic.  But I think somebody may benefit from my experience.

Finally both of the hinges broke on the microwave.  Order the two replacement parts
Left Hinge: Bosch 00631517
Right Hinge: Bosch 00631518

I made a hinge holder with wood panels before I took down the door.  They keep the hinges in open position.

Taking off the plastic cover took a while, and I broke a few holders on the top of the door. 
I used mobile phone opening tools from ifix.com.  Started on one corner on the side and worked my way around.
The top of door is super hard to take apart and I applied force to open it.

Replacing the hinge itself is super easy.  Unscrew the glass panel and flip it around to access the hinge mount.

I also struggled a bit when I put the plastic cover back. the rubber seal won't stay in place.

Finally, it's the step to put the door back.  I hooked the hole on the hinge with some string and tied it to a post.
Then pull the door away to open the hinge and insert my wood hinge holder.

The rest is easy.  wiggle the door back on the over and remove the hinge holders.

Offline wallawallawalla

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 10:32:02 PM »
You sir are a genius and thanks for posting a timely update with pictures.

I just finished replacing hinges on my microwave and can share few things:

1. If you call Bosch, they will tell you hinges are not available for this microwave and you have to replace the whole door.
2. These part numbers are correct. To make life easier, I ordered two hinge holders as well from Bosch. At 10$ a piece, they are pricey but figured since service manual recommends the use of it, I should try them. They are basically, a square piece of plastic to hold hinges in place when taking the door on/off.
3. The biggest challenge is removing the back plastic trim on the door which exposes the screws. The plastic trim is held in with tabs and many will break. Using a thin knife or trim removal tools, you can apply pressure at the right point to save most of them.
4. Pay attention to how the trim around the glass frame is held in place. It is a pain to put back. I almost considered using a glue to hold in place but in the end, was patient enough to put it all back together.
5. Each hinge has a long metal piece underneath it. Don't remove it, it will fall off or easily come out when door is installed back in the microwave.

Overall, this microwave has been down too many times, so, starting thinking of replacement while it still works and swap out when it fails next.
good luck and appreciate this posting.

I know this is an old topic.  But I think somebody may benefit from my experience.

Finally both of the hinges broke on the microwave.  Order the two replacement parts
Left Hinge: Bosch 00631517
Right Hinge: Bosch 00631518

I made a hinge holder with wood panels before I took down the door.  They keep the hinges in open position.

Taking off the plastic cover took a while, and I broke a few holders on the top of the door. 
I used mobile phone opening tools from ifix.com.  Started on one corner on the side and worked my way around.
The top of door is super hard to take apart and I applied force to open it.

Replacing the hinge itself is super easy.  Unscrew the glass panel and flip it around to access the hinge mount.

I also struggled a bit when I put the plastic cover back. the rubber seal won't stay in place.

Finally, it's the step to put the door back.  I hooked the hole on the hinge with some string and tied it to a post.
Then pull the door away to open the hinge and insert my wood hinge holder.

The rest is easy.  wiggle the door back on the over and remove the hinge holders.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:34:06 PM by wallawallawalla »