Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung DW80F600 delicate light blinking - drain error  (Read 61762 times)

Offline golfgirl

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung DW80F600 delicate light blinking - drain error
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 12:21:55 PM »

Well I finally had enough with the 2013 Samsung dishwasher.  Everything going along fine since I had taken it all apart then last Monday evening started it prior to going bed... woke up in a.m. to find that there were two lights blinking (normal light and the light to the left of it, believe it says heavy?).  Looked in the dw booklet, shut circuit breaker off, tried it again only to have it go off about mid-cycle.  Got a brand new Kitchenaid.... had KA prior to purchasing the new house and always loved it.  Am very happy now.  BTW when  plumber came to take out Samsung there was water in the bottom of dw...plumber said it was probably the pump.

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 12:35:09 PM »
Disassemble the sump filter ufo looking thing.

Hey domain,

Any guidance on what I'm looking for once I've taken apart the ufo?  Also, is this why the dishwasher hasn't been drying things?  Presumably it's shutting down thinking it isn't draining, though it is, and then not sending itself into drying mode...sound at least plausible?  If not, I've got another issue with the drying segment of the dw cycle.  Thanks for all the help.  Read all your responses in this thread.  Just didn't see if the ecs I'm after will be obvious or if there's a picture you could paint my head so I didn't question myself once inside.

There's a plastic cover over it.  Pull it off and the sensor is a teflon coated white square looking thing.  Clean the crud out the bottom and you're good to go.

After adjusting the drain hose so it goes directly into the dw specified drain (it was going through a 1/2" copper pipe to the drain, it has ran seamlessly for about 3 months FYI. 

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 12:36:48 PM »
Well I finally had enough with the 2013 Samsung dishwasher.  Everything going along fine since I had taken it all apart then last Monday evening started it prior to going bed... woke up in a.m. to find that there were two lights blinking (normal light and the light to the left of it, believe it says heavy?).  Looked in the dw booklet, shut circuit breaker off, tried it again only to have it go off about mid-cycle.  Got a brand new Kitchenaid.... had KA prior to purchasing the new house and always loved it.  Am very happy now.  BTW when  plumber came to take out Samsung there was water in the bottom of dw...plumber said it was probably the pump.

My next will be a Bosch once I throw away this Samsung.  Hope you have good luck with your KA.

Offline TechyRealtor

• VIP Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »

There's a plastic cover over it.  Pull it off and the sensor is a teflon coated white square looking thing.  Clean the crud out the bottom and you're good to go.

Okay, thanks mxer! I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

Offline dcowan99

• VIP Member
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
Thank you so very much Mxer and  Domain for all of your help in this post.  Absolutely perfect and dishwasher back to normal operation!  Looks like something I will have to do every 6 months or so...kind of a pain and wish it was not an oversight by the Samsung Engineer!   :thanks:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:48:25 PM by dcowan99 »

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »
They supposedly removed them from newer models. Samsung could not tell me how they sensed draining without one.

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »
FWIW, I've been using the Finish tabs and throwing them in the bottom of the DW as suggested by the repair man.  Also preheating the line by running hot water through the kitchen faucet.  It's been over 7 months since I've gotten the dirty sensor error. 

This also eliminates the detergent door from being stuck closed by pot or pan which seemed to happen frequently. 

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 10:13:49 AM »
They supposedly removed them from newer models. Samsung could not tell me how they sensed draining without one.

What if they don't?  Just time? 

Or maybe they measure the current required by the pump, full of water and pump = more current, dry = less current

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »
I doubt it.... but that would work. I think they just rely on the over water level pins to know that it didnt drain. But i asked again? That is an over level wate4 error, how does it trip drain error lool

Offline colepelt

• VIP Member
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
I have a possibly easier solution than (extensive) disassembly. I unhooked the drain hose from the GARBAGE DISPOSAL after draining the dishwasher a few times using the proper button combo to do so. I then placed the hose into a bucket. I used a funnel and wrapped a rag around the connection point between it and the drain hose (for any leakage). I ran hot water through the drain hose a few times from the sink's faucet. Then I poured some left-over unclogging fluid into the drain hose and left it there for about half an hour (while holding the drain hose up so as not to spill it out - I pinched it in the sink cabinet to keep it up and that worked nicely). After that half an hour, I drained the dishwasher using the combo buttons, repeatedly, while intermittently pouring out the old bucket water and pouring more hot water directly into the dishwasher using the bucket. I did this maybe 5 times. The error button still showed up! So I pressed the drain combo without any new water being added, perhaps three times. After this long process, it worked! Note: the dishwasher may show temperature error lights at some point, due to the hot water. Let it cool and keep going.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:13:03 PM by colepelt »

Offline tamugirl04

• VIP Member
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »
Could you give me a more detailed description of how you find the sensor?  My Samsung dishwasher is 2 years old (so out of warranty) and goes between working fine and having the delicate light blinking. your help is greatly appreciated.

Offline keeena

• VIP Member
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:17 PM »
Could you give me a more detailed description of how you find the sensor?  My Samsung dishwasher is 2 years old (so out of warranty) and goes between working fine and having the delicate light blinking. your help is greatly appreciated.

You're referring to the Samsung DW80F600, correct? I came across this thread tonight and fixed mine. Mine was exactly as described: sensor was gunked up with food debris. This started happening to mine after 1.5yrs of use. You don't need to remove the dishwasher; it's pretty easy.

• First take both racks out.
  • Remove every pan-head (dome) screw in the round plastic part in the bottom. There will be a total of 12 or so. They are all the same size. You don't need to remove the 2 small flat-head screws that are right next to the center of the sprayer (should be obvious; they are a different type of screw).
  • Gently pull the whole bottom sprayer assembly up a few inches.
  • While holding the water duct in the back (part that attaches to the round sprayer base and goes up the back of the washer to provide water for top sprayers), turn the bottom round plastic assembly a bit (to the right, i believe) to disconnect the water duct. Look at it closely first: you'll see how it has 2 tabs. The bottom round plastic assembly just needs to be turned a few inches to line up the tabs so the water duct can be disconnected. Go gentle here until you understand what you're doing. It should come apart easily. Once disconnected, take the round sprayer & screen assembly and throw it in the sink.
  • Remove the water impeller assembly. This just requires removing 1 screw on the white wheel. Then lift out the wheel and the grey plastic assembly it sits in.
  • Now the bottom reservoir is wide open. You'll see lots of gunk. On the right-hand side, theres plastic cover about 1"x3". This just pops off (lift it straight up). Underneath this are the sensors. Wipe everything off, it should come off pretty easy. If your sink has a sprayer hose, shoot that in the bottom for a bit. Then close it up and run the "drain" cycle (only takes 1-2min). You might have to do this 1 or 2 more times to get all the sludge out. Rinse the grey plastic parts in your sink too. The screen part should lift off (it won't come completely off because the sprayer will be in the way) but you can shoot water in there to rinse it out.

Reverse the steps to assemble. Done. Immediately fixes the problem. Should only take 30min tops. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:38:15 PM by keeena »

Offline Peace always

• VIP Member
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 03:53:28 PM »
Thank you so much keena. Followed your instructions (which were very precise) and it fixed the problem.
Am very thankful for your advice

Offline Snave

• VIP Member
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »
 :tickedoff:

I'm so tired of having to do this every 4 months on my 2 year old dishwasher. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone arguing with Samsung about this issue and my equally crappy Samsung french door fridge. They finally agreed to send someone out for no charge.  I'll post what the tech decides to do. They have already replaced this sensor once so I'm not settling for that this time!

Offline Snave

• VIP Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 06:41:27 PM »
UPDATE:

Samsung screwed up my repair ticket so after 45 minutes of more phone calls I was finally able to get someone out on 5/6.  He replaced the case break and within 20 minutes of him leaving my house, the dishwasher failed again with blinking delicate.  Repair tech came back on 5/12 with a drain pump but said it was draining so he didn't think that was it.  He came back again on 5/16 with a new main board (he said it was an upgraded part number from what I had) and another ECS sensor.  We'll see how long it holds up. I actually had to catch him at his van as the ECS sensor wasn't in right and it leaked, kicking off flood error (Blinking 'heavy').  Sigh.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
It is the way it is my friend. Just learn how to clean it, no parts will help :-\ :'( :'(

Offline Anax

• VIP Member
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2016, 05:21:17 PM »
Many thanks to Domain, Keeena and everybody else who contributed. This thread allowed to fix my unit in about 15 minutes.

Offline saccuosti

• VIP Member
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
We've owned this dishwasher for a few years now and have had to replace the case assembly once and the ecs sensor twice....  This time when the delicate led drain error occurred I tried a different route.   I know how to replace the ECS sensor and it is quite easy but I decided to pour 1 gallon of white vinegar into the unit.  Then I started the dishwasher for a couple seconds so it would start to pump excess water out from the bottom and flush the drain system with the white vinegar.  After the 2 seconds I turned the dishwasher off.  Turning the dishwasher off after 2 seconds ensures that you did not drain the entire gallon of white vinegar from the unit.  Then I let it sit overnight with the remaining vinegar sitting in the bottom of dishwasher and the entire drain system.  The next day when I ran the dishwasher it performed perfectly.  And today I am on my 20th full cycle since I performed the vinegar purge and have had no drain errors what so ever.  This fix was inexpensive and I did not have to remove the dishwasher.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that it lasts.  I wonder if flooding the case assembly with vinegar could help the water over limit error?

Offline CaptainCharcoal

• VIP Member
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »

You're referring to the Samsung DW80F600, correct? I came across this thread tonight and fixed mine. Mine was exactly as described: sensor was gunked up with food debris. This started happening to mine after 1.5yrs of use. You don't need to remove the dishwasher; it's pretty easy.

• Remove every pan-head (dome) screw in the round plastic part in the bottom. There will be a total of 12 or so. They are all the same size. You don't need to remove the 2 small flat-head screws that are right next to the center of the sprayer (should be obvious; they are a different type of screw).
  • While holding the water duct in the back (part that attaches to the round sprayer base and goes up the back of the washer to provide water for top sprayers), turn the bottom round plastic assembly a bit (to the right, i believe) to disconnect the water duct. Look at it closely first: you'll see how it has 2 tabs. The bottom round plastic assembly just needs to be turned a few inches to line up the tabs so the water duct can be disconnected. Go gentle here until you understand what you're doing. It should come apart easily. Once disconnected, take the round sprayer & screen assembly and throw it in the sink.
  • Remove the water impeller assembly. This just requires removing 1 screw on the white wheel. Then lift out the wheel and the grey plastic assembly it sits in.
  • Now the bottom reservoir is wide open. You'll see lots of gunk. On the right-hand side, theres plastic cover about 1"x3". This just pops off (lift it straight up). Underneath this are the sensors. Wipe everything off, it should come off pretty easy. If your sink has a sprayer hose, shoot that in the bottom for a bit. Then close it up and run the "drain" cycle (only takes 1-2min). You might have to do this 1 or 2 more times to get all the sludge out. Rinse the grey plastic parts in your sink too. The screen part should lift off (it won't come completely off because the sprayer will be in the way) but you can shoot water in there to rinse it out.

Reverse the steps to assemble. Done. Immediately fixes the problem. Should only take 30min tops. Good luck!

I registered just to say THANK YOU for this amazing post.  Fixed my problem, saved me having to buy a new dishwasher (at least for now - - these posts don't give me a lot of confidence in the long-term health of this dishwasher).

You've saved me!

Offline ryama

• VIP Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2019, 04:32:34 PM »

Like the last poster, I also registered just to say thank you for these step by step instructions.  Worked like a charm!

One other thing I would mention is that there is an O ring for the bottom round plastic assembly.  I initially saw the O ring laying on the bottom of the dishwasher and didn't know where it came from but I figured it was from the plastic assembly where you disconnect the water duct.  I put the O ring back assembled everything, no leaking so I'm assuming that's where it came from.