Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 80 series pauses before drain and spin  (Read 177 times)

Offline ariceroni

• VIP Member
Kenmore 80 series pauses before drain and spin
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »

My Kenmore washing machine recently started to take 3-4 hours to run a full cycle. It fills with water, agitates, and rinses without problem, but then it stays filled with the rinse water for 2-3 hours before finally draining and spinning. I don't believe it is an issue with the lid switch because it will eventually drain and spin on its own. If I check on it periodically, it does not seem like the water is just taking a long time to drain because the water level remains constant. While the washer is paused mid-cycle, I have tried moving the clothes around a bit to see if it is unbalanced, manually moving the knob to "spin", and unplugging/replugging in the machine; none of these seem to have any effect. The same issue occurs regardless of which agitation speed I choose (delicate, normal, etc) or if I use the "permanent press" cycle instead. Could this be an issue with the timer, or something else?

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Kenmore 80 series pauses before drain and spin
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »
Model Number and maybe someone can help you.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Kenmore 80 series pauses before drain and spin
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 06:04:27 AM »
Bad timer - 35/40 minutes should be normal based on water level setting. Longer if you have extra rinse cycle selected.