Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchen Aid Microwave issue  (Read 621 times)

Offline wpollock

• VIP Member
Kitchen Aid Microwave issue
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »

Kitchen Aid Model KCMS 2055 SSS-1

Unit has power as indicated by interior light,touch pad control and timer all working but turntable will not turn. Magnetron was replaced within last four months. Any ideas about what the current problem could be and how I might test to isolate are appreciated.

Offline wpollock

• VIP Member
Re: Kitchen Aid Microwave issue
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 01:20:07 PM »
Need to revise my post. I tried to run the unit again and had the following results: First cycle I applied slight pressure to the pad that opens the door until the unit started to run then released the pressure on the door pad and the unit ran to cycle end. Second cycle the unit ran after applying pressure to the door pad and then releasing like in first cycle and when I stopped it during the cycle it continued to run even with the door open. Third cycle the unit would only run with constant slight pressure on the door pad. Last cycle the unit would not run even with constant and slight pressure on door pad. Unit still has power