Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag LAT2500 AAE Tub Seal? Unit Has One Belt Or Two?  (Read 570 times)

Offline PS85

• VIP Member
Maytag LAT2500 AAE Tub Seal? Unit Has One Belt Or Two?
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »

I have an old Maytag LAT2500 AAE washer, wasn't here when it was bought.  It started leaking water when running, although not a huge amount.  I took a look in the back, it was coming from around what looked like a gasket on the bottom of the tub.  Photo A shows where, you can see a little bit of rust where the water was spouting out.

Poked around the internet and saw some YouTube videos which gave instructions on how to fix Maytag washers with two belts.  If the washer has only one belt, the video will not be useful.  I took off the front of the washer, and could not see any belts.  Photo B is the front view.

So my questions are:  Anyone have any experience fixing this type of Maytag?  And does this model have one belt or two, so I can order the parts?  Any help is appreciated, I know little about washers but I've always worked on my own car and have done a lot of repairs around the house, so I'm somewhat mechanically oriented.

Offline afterblast

• Technician
Re: Maytag LAT2500 AAE Tub Seal? Unit Has One Belt Or Two?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:11:58 PM »
Pretty sure yours has 2 belts and you'd need AP4372971...  the belts are actually under the base you have to tip the unit back to see them..  lots of helpful videos out there on these..   not a terrible idea to get a stem and seal kit  6-2095720 along with the gasket so you've got one in case you find yours is worn or junked...

Offline PS85

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
Is the gasket included in the seal kit 6-2095720?

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
6-2095720 is the stem seal kit and 6-2040130 is the tub bearing kit. Replace both of them, They will have all the parts you need.