Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Centennial Model MVWC415EW0  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
Maytag Centennial Model MVWC415EW0
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:40:39 AM »

This machine starts and fills for about 4 minutes to about 4 in. deep no matter what the main control knob is set on - Normal, Deep Wash, Bulky, etc.  After the machine starts to agitate, it stops a couple of times and adds water for about a minute each time and finally fills the tub to about 5 in. deep. . The only Error Code that I could find was Long Fill Time.  The machine is set for Tap Cold temp because no hot water is available.  I found good water pressure to the machine and checked to be sure the strainers were clean on the inlet valve.  I removed and blew through the pressure tube from the tub to Main Control Board.  The machine runs through Automatic be Test Mode with no problems.  Any ideas??  Thanks, Joey 

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
Re: Maytag Centennial Model MVWC415EW0
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:01:59 PM »
What is customer complaint. Did you repeatedly receive that error code after clearing error codes? That could have been logged a long time ago.

Auto diag tests the water level sensor integrated on main board bu filling up to min level as well as testing to see that unit is drained before spin.

Only other thing to check is that unit is not siphoning water out.

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »
The main complaint was the long wash times.  Also they would watch the machine on initial fill and see that it didn't  cover the clothes.  I couldn't find any info to tell me what was normal water fill for a given setting.  I talked with another service tech who said he thought the washer was OK based on my findings.  He said that these washers had low fill levels and they compensated by increasing the cycle times and soak times.  What do you think?  Thanks, Joey.

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »
No, I haven't had repeated error codes for long fill times.  Thanks, Joey.

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 12:02:09 PM »
I talked with another service tech who said he thought the washer was OK based on my findings.  He said that these washers had low fill levels and they compensated by increasing the cycle times and soak times.

O0 O0

Everything computer controlled. No cycle the same. Very low fill level. I tell my customers to drop clothes in around impeller in piles...don't lay them flat, add proper type and amount of detergent & close the lid. Select the correct wash cycle, push start and walk away...some I have told to go on a walk around the neighborhood. If close come out clean then life is good. If they watch over it they will drive themselves crazy.

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »
I really appreciate your help and info about this. Thanks, Joey