Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: What does the Samsung Power Cool button do? turn on fan?  (Read 418 times)

Offline irishmankev

• VIP Member
What does the Samsung Power Cool button do? turn on fan?
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Hi!  I've been a owner of Samsung Side-by-side RS269 LARS fridge since 2008; ones with the dual coolers.  in 2010 It was repaired under warranty for lack of cooling in Fridge.  Same thing happened 2 months ago so I got the part (defroster coil) and replaced it today.  It's cooling back down and hopefully solves the problem.  I'll find out in a few days and see if it needs defrosting. 

My question:  I thought when you push the "power cool" button a little fan kicks on and pushes air into fridge more.  I just tried that and I don't hear the fan or feel extra air coming out.  Grant you it's still chilling down.  Should I be able to hear the fan?   I know it works, because I tested out the fan by putting power to it and around it spun. 

What do you think?  I doubt I'd pay to have it repaired at this point.  PRo said last time it's over $600 to repair that part.  I know some people like Samsung and they look GREAT. but man I despise this fridge, never again will I get Samsung as I doubt they have improved on quality. 

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: What does the Samsung Power Cool button do? turn on fan?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:49:37 AM »
Hello Irishmankev,I don't know which part would cost $60 to replace.When you feel the air flow with the door open did you depress the door switch or put a magnet on the magnetic switch ?Fans won't run with the open.

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: What does the Samsung Power Cool button do? turn on fan?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:58:20 AM »
Sorry,key punching was missing some characters.I meant $600 cost for repair was a fairly high quote. MyAnd the fan won't run with the door open.Even repairman sometimes forget the fan won't run with the door open.