Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore French door (LG) evap question Me with Pics  (Read 330 times)

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Kenmore French door (LG) evap question Me with Pics
« on: July 09, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »

Customer has this French door Kenmore, stand dual evap LG made fridge. Had ERRF about 6 months ago. Was a little iced up.
Just did the same thing today. I opened it up and it's really iced up on top of the fresh food evap. After thawing it, I noticed a little green gook. Wonder if that could be the sign of a tiny Freon leak.  Thoughts?
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
Re: Kenmore French door (LG) evap question Me with Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »
Is it cooling poorly? You're either looking at the defrost problem...not long enough...and need to update the board or, that linear compressor needs to be replaced.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 11:42:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I believe it's cooling properly until it ices up like that. Replacing the board is what you mean when you say update?
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »
Yes, you'd need to replace the board. Typically, the defrost problem will leave the entire evaporator iced up. If you're just getting the top of the evaporator iced up I would recommend you tap into the lines and look at your pressures because that's usually what happens when that compressor goes bad.