Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Jenn-air gas cook top. all 4 ignitors go off when plugged in. (JGC8430cds)  (Read 362 times)

Offline bryjoe2005

• VIP Member

I am trying to figure out if it is a spark module or maybe something else.   I have yet to take it out of the counter to inspect the wires.   I have cleaned everything that is within visual inspection.   Whenever it is plugged in all 4 ignitors go off continuously.  What are the general things to look up once you have cleaned all around the burners, taken the burners off and cleaned them, and cleaned the ignitors?   

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
One of your burner switches is stuck or you have a bad ground (set this one aside unless it is a new install or you recently did electrical work).

Most likely you have one of your burner switches getting stuck. You need to access them to unplug them one at a time till the clicking stops.

Offline bryjoe2005

• VIP Member
One of your burner switches is stuck or you have a bad ground (set this one aside unless it is a new install or you recently did electrical work).

Most likely you have one of your burner switches getting stuck. You need to access them to unplug them one at a time till the clicking stops.

Shucks.  It crossed my mind to unplugged them but  I shrugged the idea off.  So each burner has its own ignitor switch, or is it wired straight to the spark module?  is it "spark module>Switch>Ignitor."  Or is the spark module a control/switch for all 4 burners?  I'm struggling to find a diagram for this guy :D

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
the burner switches tell the spark module to send a spark. most spark modules send a spark to all four at the same time but only one burner switch needs to be turned on to activate the spark module.

attached is the wiring diagram.

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
so its power >> burner switch >> spark module >>ignitor.  Burner switches are located on the post that is coming up from each valve. the two on the left are the same part number and the two on the right are the same part number.

Spilled liquid on ignitors - Jenn-Air JDR8895AAS

Started by AlphaApp

Replies: 2
Views: 1224
Last post October 20, 2014, 08:49:03 PM
by AlphaApp
Jenn Air Duel Fuel Range

Started by Diyeng

Replies: 3
Views: 7677
Last post August 22, 2007, 04:24:51 PM
by Pegi
Jenn-Air self cleaning oven problem

Started by ralphthedog

Replies: 6
Views: 17194
Last post December 13, 2007, 08:15:34 PM
by ralphthedog
How can I find the manual for a Jenn Aire double oven?

Started by Dukes

Views: 6271
Last post December 16, 2007, 04:40:06 PM
by Dukes
GE Dual oven Space Maker cook center service manual

Started by a2zelectronics

Views: 9380
Last post December 31, 2007, 08:11:41 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
sparks by it self cook top ge