Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG WM3370HWA Front Load Washer - Loud Thumping, unbalanced drum during spin  (Read 5699 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: LG WM3370HWA Front Load Washer - Loud Thumping, unbalanced drum during spin
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »

What a crappy design. Hope you get this one back together but I would take it to the junk pile and get a more reliable unit such as a Speed Queen top load.

Offline JarfGartz

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Yep, the washers worked like a charm - the machine is still operating well and it's been several months. One of the mounting pegs had broken off on the initial breakdown, but the washers on the remaining 3 mounting pegs are holding it on just fine. Glad I didn't call a repair guy or replace the unit with a new one! Saved some money for sure :)

Offline snowryder

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:48 AM »
Yep, the washers worked like a charm - the machine is still operating well and it's been several months. One of the mounting pegs had broken off on the initial breakdown, but the washers on the remaining 3 mounting pegs are holding it on just fine. Glad I didn't call a repair guy or replace the unit with a new one! Saved some money for sure :)
JarfGartz, great to hear.  I ended up putting washers in as well. 20 cents a washer, for an 80 cent fix.  I was not looking forward to replacing the hub cover. I was able to wash a few loads of blankets and it seemed to be ok.  Cross my fingers!

Offline JarfGartz

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Great to hear! Good luck to us! :)

Offline Transitman1

• VIP Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
Just to keep this thread alive as the LG nightmare does not seem to be going away.  I had the same experience with my LG WM3570HWA.  There was enough information on this thread to give me the courage to take a look under the hood.  What I found was just like everyone else, my bottom counter weight on the washer floor.  I did not replace with washers but just made the bolts very tight and added loctite.  I have had this washer for 3 years brand new and it has always made some type of noise during the spin cycle.  Recently the sound has become much worse, our machine is on our second floor and I swore it was coming through the ceiling.  It also grew legs and walked around our laundry room.  Long story long, this reattachment of the weight fixed everything (makes me think the weight was never properly on the machine from the store), prevented a service call or new purchase and the machine has never ran so quietly!  Thanks to everyone that posted this similar problem and the the solution!

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »
Page 31 seems to have a service bulletin for this.