Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG WM3370HWA Front Load Washer - Loud Thumping, unbalanced drum during spin  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: LG WM3370HWA Front Load Washer - Loud Thumping, unbalanced drum during spin
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »

What a crappy design. Hope you get this one back together but I would take it to the junk pile and get a more reliable unit such as a Speed Queen top load.

Offline JarfGartz

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Yep, the washers worked like a charm - the machine is still operating well and it's been several months. One of the mounting pegs had broken off on the initial breakdown, but the washers on the remaining 3 mounting pegs are holding it on just fine. Glad I didn't call a repair guy or replace the unit with a new one! Saved some money for sure :)

Offline snowryder

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:48 AM »
Yep, the washers worked like a charm - the machine is still operating well and it's been several months. One of the mounting pegs had broken off on the initial breakdown, but the washers on the remaining 3 mounting pegs are holding it on just fine. Glad I didn't call a repair guy or replace the unit with a new one! Saved some money for sure :)
JarfGartz, great to hear.  I ended up putting washers in as well. 20 cents a washer, for an 80 cent fix.  I was not looking forward to replacing the hub cover. I was able to wash a few loads of blankets and it seemed to be ok.  Cross my fingers!

Offline JarfGartz

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Great to hear! Good luck to us! :)