Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Washer Overflowing From Vent  (Read 740 times)

Offline Jprevat

• VIP Member
LG Washer Overflowing From Vent
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »

I have been all over looking for an answer so i hope yall can help me. I have an LG front load washer, model F14F1CDYP* that overflows through the vent on the top of the tub irregularly. It's almost like it doesn't drain before the spin cycle and it manages to push the water up and out. If I open it up and blow out the water line that goes toward the front of the tub it will act as it's supposed to for a week or two then I get a gallon of water on my floor. I am mechanically inclined but I really need some guidance here. Thank y'all in advance.

Offline gscrandall

• Technician
Re: LG Washer Overflowing From Vent
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
To much soap or wrong kind of soap causes suds to cling to barrel and pushes it out the top through the top hose and down the back where it condenses and looks like soapy water. Make sure you are using HE soap. On all front loads I recommend no more than 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon if you have a water softener. I see this all the time.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:04:22 PM »
To much soap or wrong kind of soap causes suds to cling to barrel and pushes it out the top through the top hose and down the back where it condenses and looks like soapy water. Make sure you are using HE soap. On all front loads I recommend no more than 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon if you have a water softener. I see this all the time.
x2

Offline Jprevat

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
Thank you guys. I am using persil if that matters but I know I am definitely using more than 2 tbs when I fill the reservoir to the normal mark.

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
I've also seen spill-proof bleach do the same thing and they warned us about it in a training class.