Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire laundry center  (Read 1284 times)

Offline yochapo

• Technician
Frigidaire laundry center
« on: April 17, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »

I'm working on a laundry center, model number FEX831FS4. The dryer works fine but the washer is dead. No fill, no agitate, no drain nor spin. Nothing. I checked for 120v at the  wht/ black wire attached to the lid switch. No voltage present. I also checked for 120 v at the blk/red wires between the timer pins T12 & T15. No voltage present there either. What is the purpose of the small washer control board 131891010 and what do you think could be the problem?

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Frigidaire laundry center
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:41:25 AM »
Since there is no voltage at the wh/blk wire at the lid switch I would say you have a bad connection or wire.

The circuit board just controls the water valve.

Offline yochapo

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:11:50 PM »
You were right   Traced it to two broken wires that connected to the door switch. They had rubbed against the inner cabinet and shorted out. Repaired  the wires and it works fine now. Thanks

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:16:09 AM »
You are welcome.
And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.