Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool duet sport dryer 8300sw2 power in but no display, HELPPP  (Read 1816 times)

Offline ntg392

• VIP Member

Hello all,

As in the sub line, WDS dryer with an interesting problem. Last friday, we got the dreaded f01. We went to start up the load, we heard a pop,
then we smelled burning plastic and then the code came up. We ordered a control board, vacuumed out the dryer, then installed the new one. Immediately PF came up so I unplugged it, checked all connections then plugged it back in. After that, no display whatsoever. I tried the self diagnostic and the display would work, showing f2. That is the only time I get any power to the interface. I tried the old board and the display will work but of course, f01. Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

* As I am thinking about it, I should add that over the last say 6 months, the loads would dry less efficiently. Sometimes we would have to use timed dry several times at app. 45min a pop. The reason we were doing that is because on an auto-cycle, it would restart and run continuously... thermistor??
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:43:43 PM by ntg392 »

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool duet sport dryer 8300sw2 power in but no display, HELPPP
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 05:14:44 AM »
There's a possibility it being whirlpool that you received a faulty control board you could warranty the board and in the meantime clean your air vent as to that may be the reason for long drying time also check that your heat element is not shorted to ground the F1 and F2 code both indicate an issue with that control board. check all connections, and of course always check voltage first. Clear out all fault codes. Double check all connections that are secure and in proper place. Check the backside of that control board for a burn. Most of these are recondition boards therefore Whirlpool is just selling a used part that's been repaired
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:22:16 AM by haroldsappliance »

Offline ntg392

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:04:34 AM »
Solid. Thanks. I'm hoping it is the board and not a phantom symptom from the thermistor or something. No signs of burning but I think the problem  (initial) lies within the relay. The second board, perhaps near the output to the user interface cable.

Offline ntg392

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 04:56:24 AM »
*Solved

I guess you can call it that anyways. As it turns out the identifying number of the part was off my 1 number. Ha. Last 3 - 616. I needed a 606. Aside from that the part was identical. So it was just an error at the parts store fortunately.