Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirpool DU930PWPT0 thermal fuse  (Read 1199 times)

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
Whirpool DU930PWPT0 thermal fuse
« on: April 03, 2017, 10:36:52 AM »

this model has a 'fuse' that is side mounted on the control module/pc board but it is independently removable/replaceable

the parts diagram i have found doesn't really identify it as located on the board and the parts offerings seem to be for s separate unit with a couple jumper wires.

this might be the aftermarket solution. although the original seems to have been designed for specific replacement, I can probably figure a way to install this and zip tie it to something inside the door panel.

but one distinction i see is that the original has not only a fuseable link but a resistor across the terminals.  not really sure what they were trying with that from a theory of ops perspective.

don't know what caused it to blow in the first place. when i jump it out the machine runs fine in all cycles.  i didn't test the amperage but certainly has no problems that are pushing the 20 amp circuit it is on. if i can get the amperage rating for the fuse i can test amps under operation just to insure that they are somewhere within spec.

thanks for any experience with this unit you can share.

brian

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Whirpool DU930PWPT0 thermal fuse
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »
675813  This is the part you use and the instructions in the attachment below.You must use the new wires that come with it and it is mounted on the side of the board.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:49:00 AM by dab147315 »

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »
thanks, this was the part i found. now that i look at the additional pictures i see that the fuse itself is the same molded piece that clips on to the circuit board.

i was mystified by the additional wires. are there actually fusible wire links as well or are they guarding against connector failure that can accompany when units have been running up near the limit for some duration or . . . .

because that fuse would clip right in and plug right in to the existing harness.

thanks, brian

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
They keep a little heat from getting to the fuse us what I was told by tech line.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 04:33:28 PM »
also double check the vent assembly for air leaks. Have found many times the heat from the dry cycle allows so much heat inbehind the console it will trip that fuse.