Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Help in confirming RS265TDRS Heater Plug Pin configuration....  (Read 1336 times)

Offline stjrinaz

• VIP Member

Hello! I am a recent addition to the this great forum....looks like there's a lot of great info regarding appliances and repair.

We own a Samsung RS265TDRS/XAA (no Rev number) that has been giving us non-stop refrigerator-side cooling problems a year after the warranty expired (that was 5 years ago!).

I finally got fed up and after doing a lot of research, learned that our frig suffers from the very common/dreaded icing up of the evaporator coil mounted in the back of the refrigerator compartment. How do I know? The coil would ice up so bad the fan would begin to hit the ice and make a rattling sound. Shortly after that, the sound would stop (because the fan stopped turning) and the refrigerator would stop cooling properly. After emptying out the entire refrigerator and defrosting it for 2 days; the unit would be "right as rain" again. This cycle repeated itself about every 11 months or so. And nothing that I could see was blocking air flow to the Evap coil.

After doing more research, I learned that I needed to replace the Evap heater (Samsung Part No. DA47-00322B). But much to my surprise, that specific part was made obsolete by Samsung and has been replaced with Samsung with Part No. DA47-00322J. I went to my local appliance parts store with the old/original parts in hand (taking the heater off of the Evap coil wasn't all that tough....plus I took a bunch of pictures so I would know what went where). When the parts store tech brought out part DA47-00322J and we compared it to my original part; we quickly realized this was NOT an exact replacement part.

The heating element itself was the same size. But 1) The wire coming from the round black fuse on the left side of the heater was not nearly long enough to reach the sockets in the back of the frig on the right side of the evap coil area 2) the same wire coming from the round black fuse on the left side of the heater had a single prong plug of it's own; which the original does not have and 3) the single wire coming from the right side of the heater element goes into to a double-prong plug; which now has an OPEN/empty area for another prong/pin. My original heater has wires from both sides of the heater going into the one double-prong plug.

Because of this, I realized I had to cannibalize some wire, the protective sheathing and the plug PIN from my original heater in order to extend the wire on the new heater that comes from the round black fuse on the left side of the heater. I also had to mount the plug pin into the empty opening in the double-prong plug (remember, replacement part DA47-00322J already had a wire and pin mounted in only one of the double-prong plug openings. I mounted my extended wire and pin into the other/empty opening of the double-prong plug).

But then I began to wonder; would it matter which side of the heater element plugged into which side of the plug? In other words, should the wire from the left side of the heater plug into the left side of the plug and right side of the element plug into the right side of the plug? Or should it be vice-versa? Or does it matter at all? Recall, the new/replacement heater already had a plug pin from the wire on the right side of the heater mounted into the LEFT side (bottom?) of the double-prong plug (I attached a picture of my rebuilt evap heater for reference.The plug in question is the center plug where both side of the heater feed into).

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can confirm that the plug pins are good as is or need to be reversed.

Thanks!

STJRINAZ

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
Re: Help in confirming RS265TDRS Heater Plug Pin configuration....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:36:14 PM »
Doesn't matter which side goes where. I doubt the heater was your problem as they either work or they don't...meaning that they don't give you an intermittent problem. But perhaps a Samsung tech would like to chime in. Perhaps the replacement heater has a different resistance making it thaw the coils at a different rate.

Offline stjrinaz

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:00:59 PM »
Hello Baldwin Appliance!

Thanks for responding and giving me direction! As far as the heater not being the probem.....thats what the Parts Tech also said. So I also purchased and replaced the Temperature Sensor (the little white "tube" DA32-00029Q) and the Thermo Fuse Assembly (DA47-00301B) as well just in case.

STJRINAZ
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:04:12 PM by stjrinaz »

Offline sashazis

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 05:14:17 AM »
Hello stjrinaz,

I have the exact same issue with the fan noise and fridge not cooling.
Were you able to solve your issue with replacing the Evap heater (Samsung Part No. DA47-00322B)?

:thanks:

Offline wevo9

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:42:43 PM »
Hello
I plan to alter the DA47-00322J that I purchased to replace DA47-00322B to resolve the same issue.
Did it work out for you?
Is it still functioning?

Thanks