Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos XL - Error Codes showing up after Replacing Bearing Shaft Kit  (Read 498 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal

Just rebuilt a Maytag Bravos XL Top Load Washer Model#MVWB850YW1 with a new Shaft-Seal and Bearings Kit now the Washer is throwing SD Error and LD/LD Error. Do you think the Impulse line could possibly be slit or kinked which is not allowing the computer to pick up the Impulse tube? Also from turning the washing on the side a little bit of water was still in the tub and soaked the lid switch? Anyone happen to have the same issue while doing a bearing/seal job on this top load Maytag Bravos XL?? Any thoughts guys?

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Two things, does it drain quickly (pump ok, not clogged) and is the basket free to lift (float) and drop back freely onto the spin drive gear?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
FIX - After running diagnostics the machine was throwing all kinds of codes.

UL - Unbalanced Load
SD - Slow Drain / Too much detergent
LD - Long Drain / Lid Lock
F-71 / F72 - Basket not floating
F-51 RPS Sensor

I ran the motor diagnostic and the motor was cutting in and out while testing the 3 speeds for low speed/medium speed and High Speed. After further diagnostics I pulled the agitator and hub and noticed the hub gear was cracked in half and this would explain all the code throwing. basket was not able to float - upon High Speed spin this would explain why the basket would not get to High Speed Spin because the basket hub gears were not able to grab the basket completely and let it spin to high speed. Replaced the Agitator Hub gear with a new one and then ran Diagnostics again the machine ran through the cycles impeccably without any issues or error codes. I just can't believe (now I can) how this gear enabled the machine to throw so many codes. ALL FIXED NOW!

Offline mz3own

• Technician
Nice work, will have to remember this for the future :cheers:.
The few that I have seen when the error is thrown for tub doesn't float but usually it sounds like a freight train going through the home as well during spin.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
Yeah it's crazy how this part enabled the computer to throw all those codes. I literally have a video of the spin test where the motor is struggling to get to speed then cuts out then gets to medium speed, then high speed then the agitator stops completely but the outer tub is spinning crazy. I'd upload it but it's like 1 1/2 minutes long. Never seen anything like this before. It acted like a bad transmission but I know it doesn't have one.

MAYTAG BRAVOS LF ERROR

Started by kesteph1154

Replies: 4
Views: 2860
Last post December 18, 2013, 09:30:27 AM
by kesteph1154
Maytag Bravos HE Topload (MVWB300WQ0) - Tub Bearing Replacement?

Started by rockinrobin

Replies: 6
Views: 4252
Last post June 10, 2014, 05:34:04 PM
by rockinrobin
maytag neptune won't spin fast, no error codes

Started by manxtek

Replies: 1
Views: 708
Last post January 20, 2015, 03:09:56 PM
by domain
Maytag Bravos H-92 error code